Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wiring problem

I've posted this before but see post 'have i bought the wrong
switches'

i have now reconfigured the wiring. to summarise i have a main light
(2 way single) switch next to my door and a wall switch (two way
double) which controls the main light from another location and also a
completely seperate set of light. I will describe how everything is
wired below .Everything works ok apart from the fact that when the
main switch is on and therefore the main light is on; the switch which
should switch it off/on (on the double switch) does not work. as a
point to note if the main switch is off the secondary switch on the
double switch does switch the main light on/off with no problems. fyi
the other switch on the double controls a wall light which works as it
should. to summarise i need to be able to switch the main light on and
off from the double switch when the light is already switched on at
the main.

heres the wiring at the main single switch which controls the main
bedroom light

L1 - BLACK AND BLUE
COMMON - RED
L2 - RED AND YELLOW

THE CABLE WHICH CONTAINS THE RED AND BLACK CABLE FYI THIS IS RED WIRE
WHICH IS IN COMMON

************************************************** ************************************************** **********

HERE IS THE WIRING IN THE DOUBLE SWITCH

L1 - YELLOW
COMMON - RED TERMINAL BLOCK 1
L2 - BLUE

COMMON - RED TERMINAL BLOCK 2
L2 BLACK

TERMINAL 2 CONTAINS BOTH THE BLACK AND RED WIRES FROM THE SAME CABLE.

PLEASE HELP IT HAS REALLY GOT MY HEAD DONE IN !! SO CLOSE BUT YET SO
FAR!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

NEIL

Wiring Problem Alan Home Repair 3 December 2nd 06 11:17 PM
Help me with a wiring problem please! [email protected] Home Repair 4 September 17th 05 11:55 PM
Wiring problem forester UK diy 11 February 3rd 05 12:41 PM
wiring problem wioth loop in wiring and two way switching chrisc UK diy 2 December 28th 04 08:11 PM