DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Socket & Switch 'Borders' (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/194464-socket-switch-borders.html)

The Medway Handyman March 8th 07 08:58 PM

Socket & Switch 'Borders'

I'm sure I've seen these, but can't find them in the sheds.

Its a metal or plastic frame that fits around the outside of a flush mount
socket or switch - they were available in various finishes. The idea was
that if replacing old sockets with new & the new one was smaller, you could
fit these to make up the difference.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

John Miller March 9th 07 01:02 AM

Socket & Switch 'Borders'

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
I'm sure I've seen these, but can't find them in the sheds.

Its a metal or plastic frame that fits around the outside of a flush mount
socket or switch - they were available in various finishes. The idea was
that if replacing old sockets with new & the new one was smaller, you
could fit these to make up the difference.

Any ideas?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

They use that kind of fitting in caravans although they are all a creamy
colour. You might find them in a caravan dealers. As I recall, the sockets
are made by Clipsal so I assume that they also provide the surrounds.

John Miller

Dave Plowman (News) March 9th 07 10:22 AM

Socket & Switch 'Borders'

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I'm sure I've seen these, but can't find them in the sheds.

Its a metal or plastic frame that fits around the outside of a flush
mount socket or switch - they were available in various finishes. The
idea was that if replacing old sockets with new & the new one was
smaller, you could fit these to make up the difference.

Woolworth used to sell them. More really to protect surrounding wallpaper
from finger marks since switches have been a fairly standard size for
quite some time. Only ever seen them in one gang, though.

--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.