DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cleaning bin/tools after plastering - where's the best place for the remnant plaster - bin? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/194461-cleaning-bin-tools-after-plastering-wheres-best-place-remnant-plaster-bin.html)

tester March 8th 07 08:09 PM

cleaning bin/tools after plastering - where's the best place for the remnant plaster - bin?

Hi,

What's the best place to get rid of plaster cleaned from the mixing
bowl, trowel and other items - paper then in the bin or is there a
better way?

One thing I do not want to do is pour it down and drain / loo - that
would block them would'nt it?

Lobster March 8th 07 08:13 PM

tester wrote:
What's the best place to get rid of plaster cleaned from the mixing
bowl, trowel and other items - paper then in the bin or is there a
better way?

One thing I do not want to do is pour it down and drain / loo - that
would block them would'nt it?

Yes and yes.

The pro plasterer I'm using at the moment usually leaves a small pile of
surplus plaster on the floor on empty old bag to go off overnight - they
look like elephant turds - very artistic.

Personally when it's me at home I always try and clean up with a
hosepipe, and chuck the debris on the garden somewhere.

David

Phil L March 8th 07 09:54 PM

tester wrote:
Hi,

What's the best place to get rid of plaster cleaned from the mixing
bowl, trowel and other items - paper then in the bin or is there a
better way?

You can leave to dry in a newspaper or any kind of bag, then bin it - it's
less messy than when it's wet

One thing I do not want to do is pour it down and drain / loo - that
would block them would'nt it?

Yes, skimming sets even under water.

Slop buckets and trowelling up water can be poured onto the soil - it's
mostly gypsum and is harmless....school chalk is made out of the same stuff.

Andrew Gabriel March 8th 07 10:48 PM

cleaning bin/tools after plastering - where's the best place for the remnant plaster - bin?

In article ,
tester writes:

Hi,

What's the best place to get rid of plaster cleaned from the mixing
bowl, trowel and other items - paper then in the bin or is there a
better way?

I pour it over the lawn. In one place there was a dip in the lawn
where I suspect a plant had been removed, and I concentrated on
that part to fill it in. The grass grows very well in the plaster
slurry/slops.

--
Andrew Gabriel