DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Durafix Easyweld (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/194024-durafix-easyweld.html)

Eddy March 4th 07 05:49 PM

Durafix Easyweld

Anyone any experience of repairing aluminium tubing with this stuff?
I have some cracks in a 2" aluminium tube seam and wondered if this was
suitable over the more conventional tig welding.

Grunff March 4th 07 09:10 PM

Durafix Easyweld

Eddy wrote:
Anyone any experience of repairing aluminium tubing with this stuff?
I have some cracks in a 2" aluminium tube seam and wondered if this was
suitable over the more conventional tig welding.

I've used a similar product from Machine Mart, and it does work provided
you clean the surfaces very thoroughly and get the workpiece hot enough.

I can't vouch for the strength of the weld, because I used it on a very
lightly stressed component.

--
Grunff
http://www.greendoug.com - a forum for all things environmental

Newshound March 4th 07 09:51 PM

Durafix Easyweld

"Eddy" wrote in message
Anyone any experience of repairing aluminium tubing with this stuff?
I have some cracks in a 2" aluminium tube seam and wondered if this was
suitable over the more conventional tig welding.

I'll be interested to know if you try, because I have some sitting in my
"That looks useful" box waiting for an application!

Eddy March 8th 07 03:42 PM

Durafix Easyweld

Sorry chickened out - used a tig welder instead - better to be safe than
sorry!
Eddy