Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does old paint become plastic?

There is a strip that goes along the top of all four walls beside the
ceiling. At first I thought it was some plastic film that had been stuck on
because when I peel it back, it comes of in a strip of a 5x5 centimeters.
The top layer is white, bottom layer is yellow. So... when paint gets old
does it end up behaving in this way?

Thanks for your time

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Mar, 17:53, "Jason Hallway" wrote:
There is a strip that goes along the top of all four walls beside the
ceiling. At first I thought it was some plastic film that had been stuck on
because when I peel it back, it comes of in a strip of a 5x5 centimeters.
The top layer is white, bottom layer is yellow. So... when paint gets old
does it end up behaving in this way?

Thanks for your time

This is because the paint was applied to a surface that was not
properly prepared by sanding (to give a "key") and washing (to remove
grease).