Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch dishwasher

Hi,

My Bosch dishwasher (SGS5312 - 7 years old) stopped the other evening,
and I haven't been able to discover why. It had been running just over
a minute, but hadn't fully emptied the residual water. At that point
the pump stopped, and the display and indicator lights went out.

The mains fuse is fine, and I have continuity into the machine, as far
as I've been able to get. I am wondering if an internal fuse has
blown, but realise life is probably not that simple.

I am aiming to get the front door/panel opened-up today, and this
should tell me more, but would be grateful for any hints or advice
here - e.g. if there is an internal fuse, where it is likely to be.

Thanks in advance/Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y

psf2001uk wrote:
Hi,

My Bosch dishwasher (SGS5312 - 7 years old) stopped the other evening,
and I haven't been able to discover why. It had been running just over
a minute, but hadn't fully emptied the residual water. At that point
the pump stopped, and the display and indicator lights went out.

The mains fuse is fine, and I have continuity into the machine, as far
as I've been able to get. I am wondering if an internal fuse has
blown, but realise life is probably not that simple.

I am aiming to get the front door/panel opened-up today, and this
should tell me more, but would be grateful for any hints or advice
here - e.g. if there is an internal fuse, where it is likely to be.

Thanks in advance/Paul

I have a washer that did that. Turned out to be a bit of chicken bone in
one of the pumps. The one under the drain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"psf2001uk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My Bosch dishwasher (SGS5312 - 7 years old) stopped the other evening,
and I haven't been able to discover why. It had been running just over
a minute, but hadn't fully emptied the residual water. At that point
the pump stopped, and the display and indicator lights went out.

The mains fuse is fine, and I have continuity into the machine, as far
as I've been able to get. I am wondering if an internal fuse has
blown, but realise life is probably not that simple.

I am aiming to get the front door/panel opened-up today, and this
should tell me more, but would be grateful for any hints or advice
here - e.g. if there is an internal fuse, where it is likely to be.

Thanks in advance/Paul

Paul

You might want to remove the side panel, righthand side as you look at the
machine. Dishwashers have a float device which can get blocked with gunge. I
had to remove and clean mine on a previous Hotpoint model (made by Bosch).
Be interested to know how you get on.

David - Milton Keynes

Bosch Dishwasher Iain UK diy 1 August 13th 06 09:45 PM
Bosch dishwasher Michael UK diy 0 January 9th 06 10:12 PM
Bosch Dishwasher Help [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 13th 04 03:03 AM
Bosch Dishwasher ClaudCar Home Repair 4 August 12th 04 02:09 AM
Bosch dishwasher Paul F UK diy 2 August 4th 04 07:09 PM