DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita is a star (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/193192-makita-star.html)

Anna Kettle February 24th 07 07:25 AM

Makita is a star

My Makita SDS is a couple of years old and has been a good workhorse,
especially recently when I've been digging out concrete with it but it
has just started to leak grease round the chuck

I decided to do something before the drill seized up and sent it back
to Makita for servicing. I was quoted £14 plus parts and postage for
the service which I thought was very reasonable

Yesterday a box turned up containing a brand new replacement drill
from Makita

Cant ask for better service!

Anna
--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation

Nicknoxx February 24th 07 10:46 AM

Makita is a star

Anna Kettle wrote:
My Makita SDS is a couple of years old and has been a good workhorse,
especially recently when I've been digging out concrete with it but it
has just started to leak grease round the chuck

I decided to do something before the drill seized up and sent it back
to Makita for servicing. I was quoted £14 plus parts and postage for
the service which I thought was very reasonable

Yesterday a box turned up containing a brand new replacement drill
from Makita

Cant ask for better service!

Anna

Indeed not. Where did you send it?

--
Nick Brooks
2001 SV650

Arthur February 24th 07 05:57 PM

Makita is a star

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
My Makita SDS is a couple of years old and has been a good workhorse,
especially recently when I've been digging out concrete with it but it
has just started to leak grease round the chuck

I decided to do something before the drill seized up and sent it back
to Makita for servicing. I was quoted £14 plus parts and postage for
the service which I thought was very reasonable

Yesterday a box turned up containing a brand new replacement drill
from Makita

Cant ask for better service!

Anna
--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Did you sign yourself as Anna Kettle, 38DD, 24, 36 ?

Arthur

Grimly Curmudgeon March 3rd 07 01:04 AM

Makita is a star

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Anna
Kettle) saying something like:

I decided to do something before the drill seized up and sent it back
to Makita for servicing. I was quoted £14 plus parts and postage for
the service which I thought was very reasonable

Yesterday a box turned up containing a brand new replacement drill
from Makita

Bosch did that for me a few years back when the reversing switch went
phut on a drill. Took me by surprise, given the drill was well out of
warranty.
--

Dave