DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tiling onto breeze blocks (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/193044-tiling-onto-breeze-blocks.html)

51 February 22nd 07 02:58 PM

tiling onto breeze blocks

My shed has 3 walls built with 6" breeze blocks.
I have a pile of 6" white ceramic matt wall tiles from a cancelled
job.
Is it ok to tile directly onto blocks?

The other wall is the dividing wall and gets damp. It is also very
rough.
Whats the easiest way to protect against the damp penetration and
smooth it
for the tiles.

Thanks.

Arthur

Andrew Gabriel February 22nd 07 08:57 PM

tiling onto breeze blocks

In article .com,
"51" writes:
My shed has 3 walls built with 6" breeze blocks.
I have a pile of 6" white ceramic matt wall tiles from a cancelled
job.
Is it ok to tile directly onto blocks?

The other wall is the dividing wall and gets damp. It is also very
rough.
Whats the easiest way to protect against the damp penetration and
smooth it
for the tiles.

Depends why it gets damp. A scratch/render coat of sand and cement
with waterproofer would do, unless the moisture is under any
pressure to come through the wall.

--
Andrew Gabriel