DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Screwfix Grove bathroom (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/191941-re-screwfix-grove-bathroom.html)

Jon Telfer February 11th 07 09:35 AM

Screwfix Grove bathroom

wrote:

Has anyone bought a Grove bathroom set recently? Can anyone tell me
what it looks like? Especially if the cistern lid is plain or has a
relief on it?

I have the Grove Deluxe suite sitting in boxes in my lounge at the moment as
it happens. Looking at the pictures I'd have said that the suites are the
same apart from the taps (and the sink in the deluxe suite being for the
supplied monobloc tap). Top of cistern is plain.

My delivery invoice came from West Point Distributors Ltd -
. The Lav and basin are listed as "Antonio"
whereas the bath is Kaldewei Form Plus.

The bath end panel issue is sorted by the distributor who phone you after
you've put the order in. Although I think I'll make up my own panels as
these plastic jobs aren't quite the look I was after.

Jon

Jon Telfer February 11th 07 09:30 PM

Screwfix Grove bathroom

wrote:

Thanks for the info. By the way, what legs were you sent for the bath?
I read on some forums that screwfix were sending stick on legs rather
than the proper Kaldewei ones.

I thought the toilet was supposed to be "Anna" not "Antonio"? Again
that was something I heard on the SF forum.

Legs - not sure. They're two rails which fit to the bottom of the bath.
It looks like they fix on to 2 lugs sticking out of the bath. So it's
either a universal fit or a Kaldewei design. Either way I think I'm
probably going to stick with the current bath mount which is more of a
cradle and generally more sturdy looking.

It's all Antonio on my invoice. Oddly the sink arrived with the voids in
the moulding full of water. It looks like it had been left outside for a
while.....

Lobster February 11th 07 10:46 PM

Screwfix Grove bathroom

Jon Telfer wrote:
wrote:

Thanks for the info. By the way, what legs were you sent for the bath?
I read on some forums that screwfix were sending stick on legs rather
than the proper Kaldewei ones.

I thought the toilet was supposed to be "Anna" not "Antonio"? Again
that was something I heard on the SF forum.

Legs - not sure. They're two rails which fit to the bottom of the bath.
It looks like they fix on to 2 lugs sticking out of the bath. So it's
either a universal fit or a Kaldewei design.

I bought a (steel) Kaldewei bath last week (ie on its own), not from
Screwfix and those sound just like the feet mine has. They seem OK.

David