DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - supplier of wireless thermometers and anemometers? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/191840-ot-supplier-wireless-thermometers-anemometers.html)

[email protected] February 10th 07 12:39 AM

OT - supplier of wireless thermometers and anemometers?

Can anyone point me at a supplier of wireless thermometers and
anemometers. I can only seem to turn up "weather station style" kit.
I'm looking for something more along the lines of independant sensors
and where the data can be downloaded wirelessly to a mac. Thanks for
any help.

--
Nige Danton

r.bartlett February 10th 07 06:31 AM

OT - supplier of wireless thermometers and anemometers?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone point me at a supplier of wireless thermometers and
anemometers. I can only seem to turn up "weather station style" kit.
I'm looking for something more along the lines of independant sensors
and where the data can be downloaded wirelessly to a mac. Thanks for
any help.

--
Nige Danton

Google- wireless data logging

Cheers

Richard

Vortex February 10th 07 07:13 AM

OT - supplier of wireless thermometers and anemometers?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone point me at a supplier of wireless thermometers and
anemometers. I can only seem to turn up "weather station style" kit.
I'm looking for something more along the lines of independant sensors
and where the data can be downloaded wirelessly to a mac. Thanks for
any help.

--
Nige Danton

Oregon Scientific have a great range of sensors that are widely available
online. Most of their base stations are however autonomous with no data
output.

I would like something like this:

http://www.oregonscientific.co.uk/product.asp?p=336

But PC connection is RS232 and manual makes absolutely no mention of
software. Also if I had £400 spare i'd have better things to do with it.

Vortex February 10th 07 07:18 AM

OT - supplier of wireless thermometers and anemometers?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone point me at a supplier of wireless thermometers and
anemometers. I can only seem to turn up "weather station style" kit.
I'm looking for something more along the lines of independant sensors
and where the data can be downloaded wirelessly to a mac. Thanks for
any help.

--
Nige Danton

WS3200 here
http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acata...gy_ws_sub.html
looks like a good deal.

No Mac software though.

badger.badger February 10th 07 09:36 PM

wrote:
Can anyone point me at a supplier of wireless thermometers and
anemometers. I can only seem to turn up "weather station style" kit.
I'm looking for something more along the lines of independant sensors
and where the data can be downloaded wirelessly to a mac. Thanks for
any help.

--
Nige Danton

Tried to get one thats NOT on 433 Mhz, jamming is a regular problem and
it's getting worse as yet more devices appear on the same frequencies...