DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   hinge to open close minimal-clearance door (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/191505-hinge-open-close-minimal-clearance-door.html)

sm_jamieson February 6th 07 02:54 PM

hinge to open close minimal-clearance door

I want to put a door in a bath panel leading to a cupboard under the
bath. I want the door clearances to be the same as the grout lines,
i.e. 2 to 3 mm, and to have no visible hinge when shut (like a kitchen
cabinet door) The door will be around 20mm thick (board plus tiles).
Thus a normal hinge would foul the edges at some point however it was
set. I need a mechanism that will bring the door directly outwards
(like a drawer) before turning like a hinge. A drawer is not really
suitable due to the irregular space under the bath. And a removable
access panel is too fiddly to use for a regularly opened cupboard.
Any ideas ?
Cheers,
Simon.

Bob Mannix February 6th 07 03:34 PM

hinge to open close minimal-clearance door

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to put a door in a bath panel leading to a cupboard under the
bath. I want the door clearances to be the same as the grout lines,
i.e. 2 to 3 mm, and to have no visible hinge when shut (like a kitchen
cabinet door) The door will be around 20mm thick (board plus tiles).
Thus a normal hinge would foul the edges at some point however it was
set. I need a mechanism that will bring the door directly outwards
(like a drawer) before turning like a hinge. A drawer is not really
suitable due to the irregular space under the bath. And a removable
access panel is too fiddly to use for a regularly opened cupboard.
Any ideas ?
Cheers,
Simon.

These claim inset door capability but, in any case, if they don't have what
you want probably no-one does.

http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/prodData....=1360&SubCat=5

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

sm_jamieson February 6th 07 04:24 PM

On 6 Feb, 16:34, "Bob Mannix" wrote:
[...]

Thanks.
I think I just need a concealed inset hinge. I can cut back the other
edge of the door so it does not foul when opening.
Cheers,
Simon.