DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Spotlights-draft proofing (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/190425-spotlights-draft-proofing.html)

R.P.McMurphy January 26th 07 09:13 AM

Spotlights-draft proofing

Hi all, i have a fair few spots in my upstairs ceilings and am concerned
they let a fair amount of expensive warm air into the loft. Is there
anything out there that can be used to put over the spotlight in the loft to
protect it from touching loft insulation and stop the air leak?

cheers

Steve

FKruger January 26th 07 09:43 AM

Spotlights-draft proofing

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:13:44 -0000, "R.P.McMurphy"
wrote:

Hi all, i have a fair few spots in my upstairs ceilings and am concerned
they let a fair amount of expensive warm air into the loft. Is there
anything out there that can be used to put over the spotlight in the loft to
protect it from touching loft insulation and stop the air leak?

cheers

Steve

plant pot sans drainage holes or, if you are handy, box them in with
plasterboard and mastic or plasterboard glue. You really shouldnt have
air going from the house into the loft as it causes condensation and
then rot.

gort January 27th 07 10:19 AM

Spotlights-draft proofing

You really shouldnt have
air going from the house into the loft as it causes condensation and
then rot.

Assuming you don't have any ventilation in the loft! Some have a gale
blowing through.

Dave