DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Operating instructions for Dusk 'Til Dawn timer DDT-MP (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/189268-operating-instructions-dusk-til-dawn-timer-ddt-mp.html)

Dougie Nisbet January 15th 07 10:13 PM

Operating instructions for Dusk 'Til Dawn timer DDT-MP

Bit of a long shot this but perhaps someone can help.

I've got about 6 security timer plugs that are designed to switch an
appliance on at random intervals during nighttime. The device has a dial
marked in periods of hours from 2 to 12, a sensitivity dial, and an
On/Off switch marked RANDOM.

The idea is that you set it to, say, 10 hours, and during a 10 hour
period of darkness it switches a light on and off at random times. The
trouble is, they no longer seem to be working. Since all 6 seem to be
acting up, I suspect it's operator error, but the instructions are long
gone and I can't work out why they should be temperamental. If set to
ON, the light comes on, so the fundamentals seem ok.

My guess is that it's to do with the sensitivity dial. And how the
device perceives itself as being 'reset' to restart a cycle. But in
different parts of the house, in different ambient light, I have never
yet see one of the buggers switch something on.

I don't suppose anyone has one of those or has the instructions kicking
around? I've searched the web for the part number with no luck.

Dougie