DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toilet cistern (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/189109-toilet-cistern.html)

Staffbull January 14th 07 06:18 PM

Toilet cistern

Hi, I'm looking for a toilet cistern for replacing an old plastic one,
I've seen exactly what I want in screwfix but the problem is a minimum
order of £100 on Armitage shanks stuff, I only want to order £50 !!

anyone know of another online supplier of these at a reasonable price?

Cheers

link for the screwfix one here

Dave Fawthrop January 14th 07 08:31 PM

Toilet cistern

On 14 Jan 2007 10:18:01 -0800, "Staffbull" wrote:

|Hi, I'm looking for a toilet cistern for replacing an old plastic one,
|I've seen exactly what I want in screwfix but the problem is a minimum
|order of ?100 on Armitage shanks stuff, I only want to order ?50 !!
|
|anyone know of another online supplier of these at a reasonable price?

The sheds, B&Q or Wickes or ??? sell them *much* cheaper or you local
friendly plumbers merchant.

Staffbull January 14th 07 10:15 PM

Toilet cistern

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 14 Jan 2007 10:18:01 -0800, "Staffbull" wrote:

|Hi, I'm looking for a toilet cistern for replacing an old plastic one,
|I've seen exactly what I want in screwfix but the problem is a minimum
|order of ?100 on Armitage shanks stuff, I only want to order ?50 !!
|
|anyone know of another online supplier of these at a reasonable price?

The sheds, B&Q or Wickes or ??? sell them *much* cheaper or you local
friendly plumbers merchant.

cheers, will have a peep

The 1st Philosophical Handyman of the Humber January 15th 07 10:21 PM

Toilet cistern

Staffbull wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a toilet cistern for replacing an old plastic one,
I've seen exactly what I want in screwfix but the problem is a minimum
order of £100 on Armitage shanks stuff, I only want to order £50 !!

anyone know of another online supplier of these at a reasonable price?

Cheers

link for the screwfix one here

Do Screwfix just instruct Armitage Shanks to deliver the goods or do
they actually hold them in stock and want to discourage small-timers
like yourself? If they are coming from Screwfix's stock, could you
order 2 and send one back with a sob story? I recently put in an order
for £45.05 of random stuff (free delivery qualifying), then had to
take back 2 items unused as they wouldn't fit where I had intended.
They were OK with me dropping them in at my local trade counter for a
cash refund. Full marks to Screwfix!

Dave Liquorice January 16th 07 12:10 AM

Toilet cistern

anyone know of another online supplier of these at a reasonable price?

Try Boundary Bathrooms http://www.boundarybathrooms.co.uk not the best
website in the world but they have good prices and customer service.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Staffbull January 16th 07 12:57 PM

Toilet cistern

Dave Liquorice wrote:
anyone know of another online supplier of these at a reasonable price?

Try Boundary Bathrooms http://www.boundarybathrooms.co.uk not the best
website in the world but they have good prices and customer service.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

cheers, had a quick look but cant find anything, I'll have a better
look later