DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which dishwasher - semi or fully integrated (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/188882-dishwasher-semi-fully-integrated.html)

nafuk January 12th 07 09:17 AM

Which dishwasher - semi or fully integrated

Hi, I am planning a new kitchen and am not sure on the type of washer.
Does a semi integrated just a have door and no unit, and a fully
integrated have a unit? Which is preferred?

For the electrics, is is best to install a socket behind the dishwasher
or get one installed above the countertop?

Thank you

[email protected] January 12th 07 10:17 AM

nafuk wrote:
Hi, I am planning a new kitchen and am not sure on the type of washer.
Does a semi integrated just a have door and no unit, and a fully
integrated have a unit? Which is preferred?

For the electrics, is is best to install a socket behind the dishwasher
or get one installed above the countertop?

Thank you

Integrated has a full door covering it completely. Semi integrated uses
a smaller door and leaves the control panel on show - a drawer sized
strip at the top. Neither need a cabinet.

Get the socket fitted behind the unit next to the dishwasher with an
access hole so you can get at it without moving the DW.

The Wanderer January 12th 07 10:32 AM

On 12 Jan 2007 02:17:58 -0800, wrote:

nafuk wrote:
Hi, I am planning a new kitchen and am not sure on the type of washer.
Does a semi integrated just a have door and no unit, and a fully
integrated have a unit? Which is preferred?

Going through exactly the same process ATM.

For the electrics, is is best to install a socket behind the dishwasher
or get one installed above the countertop?

snip

Get the socket fitted behind the unit next to the dishwasher with an
access hole so you can get at it without moving the DW.

Depends whether or not you intend complying with Part P. :-)

Personally, I'm going with a switched spur above the counter feeding down
to an unswitched socket behind the d/w.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Jonathan Pearson January 12th 07 03:32 PM

nafuk wrote:
Hi, I am planning a new kitchen and am not sure on the type of
washer. Does a semi integrated just a have door and no unit, and a
fully integrated have a unit? Which is preferred?

Going through exactly the same process ATM.

For the electrics, is is best to install a socket behind the
dishwasher or get one installed above the countertop?

snip

Get the socket fitted behind the unit next to the dishwasher with an
access hole so you can get at it without moving the DW.

Depends whether or not you intend complying with Part P. :-)

Personally, I'm going with a switched spur above the counter feeding
down to an unswitched socket behind the d/w.

Which is all fine and dandy until the fuse goes in the d/w plug

jon