DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/188300-b-q-found-1-quid-bin.html)

Lobster January 6th 07 06:19 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

[email protected] January 6th 07 06:38 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

Lobster wrote:

Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

What tools does it contain?

NT

Lobster January 6th 07 07:00 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

What tools does it contain?

Well it describes it as a "4pc Hook and Pick Set" and contains 4 little
plastic-handled tools with various different metal spikey bits at the
business end. No doubt total crap but hey...!

Mary Fisher January 6th 07 07:23 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

"Lobster" wrote in message
Lobster wrote:

Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

What tools does it contain?

Well it describes it as a "4pc Hook and Pick Set" and contains 4 little
plastic-handled tools with various different metal spikey bits at the
business end. No doubt total crap but hey...!

And does it work???

Mary

[email protected] January 6th 07 07:54 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

Lobster wrote:
wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

What tools does it contain?

Well it describes it as a "4pc Hook and Pick Set" and contains 4 little
plastic-handled tools with various different metal spikey bits at the
business end. No doubt total crap but hey...!

Wouldnt be my first choice but worth a play. This could be the start of
a new career :)

NT

Aidan January 6th 07 08:41 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

On Jan 6, 6:19 pm, Lobster wrote:
Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

They probably didn't sell many, but had lots nicked.
Reminds me of the quote from the Sharpe series;

Richard Sharpe: Gimme a pick-lock, Cooper.
Cooper: Pick-lock, sir? Catch me with a pick-lock!
Patrick Harper: They did, Coop. But when you got out of Newgate
prison, you got another set, and that's the one the officer wants.
Cooper: Do I get it back, sir?
Richard Sharpe: Trust me.
Cooper: It's very hard to trust a man who wants to borrow your
pick-lock, sir.

The Medway Handyman January 6th 07 09:56 PM

found in the 1-quid bin

Lobster wrote:
Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here; http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Swiss Tony January 6th 07 11:13 PM

found in the 1-quid bin

Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here; http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

The main website is knackered, scroll to the bottom and download the pdf
file

Weatherlawyer January 6th 07 11:27 PM

found in the 1-quid bin

Swiss Tony wrote:
Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here; http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

The main website is knackered, scroll to the bottom and download the pdf
file

Where or how do you manage to get hold of sites like these?

Do you go out of your way to find sites that are crap or don't work? Or
is there a special series online for eccentrics that like looking at
400 messages?

The Medway Handyman January 6th 07 11:38 PM

found in the 1-quid bin

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Swiss Tony wrote:
Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here; http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

The main website is knackered, scroll to the bottom and download the
pdf file

Where or how do you manage to get hold of sites like these?

I look for them deliberately, so I can annoy people - obviously.

Do you go out of your way to find sites that are crap or don't work?

I spend about 30 hours a week specifically looking for web sites that don't
work. Everybody needs a hobby and I don't get out much.

Or is there a special series online for eccentrics that like looking at
400 messages?

You got me there. I have no idea what you are talking about.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman January 6th 07 11:39 PM

found in the 1-quid bin

Swiss Tony wrote:

The main website is knackered, scroll to the bottom and download the
pdf file

Didn't look to be honest, just clicked on it in My Favourites. You are
correct the PDF has all the info.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Andy Burns January 6th 07 11:57 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

Steve Firth wrote:

On 6 Jan 2007 10:38:54 -0800, wrote:

What tools does it contain?

Hammer.

bumpkey

Bill January 7th 07 12:19 AM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

In message , Andy
Burns writes

Http://www.toool.nl/bumping.pdf

--
Bill

raden January 7th 07 12:40 AM

found in the 1-quid bin

In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
Lobster wrote:
Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here; http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

I see ... nuffink

--
geoff

raden January 7th 07 12:40 AM

found in the 1-quid bin

In message , Swiss Tony
writes
Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here; http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

The main website is knackered, scroll to the bottom and download the pdf
file

Did someone break into it ?

--
geoff

raden January 7th 07 12:41 AM

found in the 1-quid bin

In message , Swiss Tony
writes
Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here; http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

The main website is knackered, scroll to the bottom and download the pdf
file

Fancy calling yourself "Ted the Tool"

--
geoff

Ed Sirett January 7th 07 10:30 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 19:00:28 +0000, Lobster wrote:

wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

What tools does it contain?

Well it describes it as a "4pc Hook and Pick Set" and contains 4 little
plastic-handled tools with various different metal spikey bits at the
business end. No doubt total crap but hey...!

where's the torque wrench? (the thing you use to apply a measured amount of
torque to the lock barrel with).

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk

The Medway Handyman January 7th 07 11:31 PM

B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

Ed Sirett wrote:

where's the torque wrench? (the thing you use to apply a measured
amount of torque to the lock barrel with).

Good point Ed. Completely useless without one.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman January 8th 07 10:30 PM

found in the 1-quid bin

Lobster wrote:
Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted
to have a go at it.

You have a much more exciting B&Q than we do! None in ours.

3 x paintbrushes, 5 amp choc blocks, 500 watt halogen bulbs 2 pack,
lightbulbs, sponges - but n lock picks.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Andy Burns January 11th 07 11:09 AM

found in the 1-quid bin

The Medway Handyman wrote:

5 amp choc blocks

Can't see them being higher quality than the normal ones they sell, and
their threads strip as soon as you look at them :-(