DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vaillant Turbomax VUW combi boiler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/187892-vaillant-turbomax-vuw-combi-boiler.html)

Dod January 3rd 07 07:57 AM

Vaillant Turbomax VUW combi boiler

I took a shower yesterday morning and the boiler fired up as usual.
Later in the day I flicked the time clock to constant for central
heating and it failed to ignite.

The electronic ignition is working fine; the fan kicks in; the water
pressure is where it should be; the problem is, there doesn't seem to
be any gas reaching the boiler.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nick

Andy January 3rd 07 02:37 PM

Vaillant Turbomax VUW combi boiler

"Dod" wrote in message
ps.com...
I took a shower yesterday morning and the boiler fired up as usual.
Later in the day I flicked the time clock to constant for central
heating and it failed to ignite.

The electronic ignition is working fine; the fan kicks in; the water
pressure is where it should be; the problem is, there doesn't seem to
be any gas reaching the boiler.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nick

Does it fire up when you demand hot water?
Is this a model with the LCD display? If so have you looked for the fault
codes?

Andy.