DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where Can I find a pad-lockable box to store documents? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/187775-where-can-i-find-pad-lockable-box-store-documents.html)

Mike January 2nd 07 05:43 AM

Where Can I find a pad-lockable box to store documents?

Lockable/Padlockable box to store documents

Hi I need to keep some stuff stored safely:

- a few A4 documents
- passport
- some medical documents incl. psychiatrist reports

-- nothing VALUABLE. Just private. So nothing I would want my cleaner
or partner to see.

Where can I buy a small(ish) metal box? with a lock? Preferably a
padlock (i have a combination padlock - less hassle than keys)

Dave Fawthrop January 2nd 07 07:51 AM

On 1 Jan 2007 21:43:22 -0800, "Mike" wrote:

|Lockable/Padlockable box to store documents
|

|Hi I need to keep some stuff stored safely:

|- a few A4 documents
|- passport
|- some medical documents incl. psychiatrist reports

|-- nothing VALUABLE. Just private. So nothing I would want my cleaner
|or partner to see.
|

|Where can I buy a small(ish) metal box? with a lock? Preferably a
|padlock (i have a combination padlock - less hassle than keys)

Your local locksmith will have lots, try Yellow Pages for Locksmiths

Dave Plowman (News) January 2nd 07 10:16 AM

Where Can I find a pad-lockable box to store documents?

In article om,
Mike wrote:
Lockable/Padlockable box to store documents

Hi I need to keep some stuff stored safely:

- a few A4 documents
- passport
- some medical documents incl. psychiatrist reports

-- nothing VALUABLE. Just private. So nothing I would want my cleaner
or partner to see.

Where can I buy a small(ish) metal box? with a lock? Preferably a
padlock (i have a combination padlock - less hassle than keys)

Rymans, Staples, etc. Or any office equipment supplier.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Roly January 2nd 07 09:50 PM

Mike wrote:

Lockable/Padlockable box to store documents

Hi I need to keep some stuff stored safely:

- a few A4 documents
- passport
- some medical documents incl. psychiatrist reports

-- nothing VALUABLE. Just private. So nothing I would want my cleaner
or partner to see.

Where can I buy a small(ish) metal box? with a lock? Preferably a
padlock (i have a combination padlock - less hassle than keys)

Be warned that not all A4 document boxes will actually hold a flat sheet
of A4. A couple of years ago I bought a fireproof document box that
called itself A4, but had to return it as it was about 5mm undersize and
no good for what I wanted. If the size is critical for your purposes,
make sure you measure it.

Colin Wilson January 2nd 07 10:12 PM

Where Can I find a pad-lockable box to store documents?

Where can I buy a small(ish) metal box? with a lock? Preferably a
padlock (i have a combination padlock - less hassle than keys)

How about a fire safe, given that the contents might be hard to get
duplicates of ?

Costs of around £30 upwards are typical