DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tesco CFL (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/187626-tesco-cfl.html)

John December 31st 06 07:33 PM

Tesco CFL

Bought a Tesco Compact Florescent today only to find it a bugger to fit as
there was a bulged section on the bayonet that prevented it fully engaging
in the (IKEA???) wall uplighter. Managed with a bit of a struggle - but I
would have thought that bayonet caps would be very standardised.

Alex December 31st 06 07:52 PM

Tesco CFL

John wrote:
Bought a Tesco Compact Florescent today only to find it a bugger to fit as
there was a bulged section on the bayonet that prevented it fully engaging
in the (IKEA???) wall uplighter. Managed with a bit of a struggle - but I
would have thought that bayonet caps would be very standardised.

A lot/most of these bulbs that I have seen, seem to be designed not to
fit in many lamps... ones with small plastic/metal cylinders
around/above the bayonet fitting. Or are the lamps designed to prevent
use of said bulbs?

Alex

John December 31st 06 11:18 PM

Tesco CFL

"Alex" wrote in message
John wrote:
Bought a Tesco Compact Florescent today only to find it a bugger to fit
as there was a bulged section on the bayonet that prevented it fully
engaging in the (IKEA???) wall uplighter. Managed with a bit of a
struggle - but I would have thought that bayonet caps would be very
standardised.

A lot/most of these bulbs that I have seen, seem to be designed not to fit
in many lamps... ones with small plastic/metal cylinders around/above the
bayonet fitting. Or are the lamps designed to prevent use of said bulbs?

Alex

My fitting has a plastic cylinder around the bayonet - not a proper "skirt".