philip

Default blocked toilet

Hi,
I have a blocked toilet and have tried pouring pails of water and
plunging it but it have not worked satisfactorily. What else could be done?
The plumber weren't seem keen to do it. I heard of the flexible wire, can it be
bought in the hardware store and if so what is its exact description. Please
help.

Regards Philip
John Stumbles

wrote in message
First have you removed as much as poss by hand?
If you do not like the idea put some gloves on!
Put some strong cleaner down and leave over night - make sure this has
gone into the pipe - no good just in the pan.
Then try to flush with buckets of warm/hot water.
There are also people who enjoy doing this job - try yellow pages.

They enjoy taking your money off you too :-)

There's a wire spring gizmo (name I've forgotten, something American -
bought in B&Q) which has about 3-4' of steel spring mostly about 1/2 - 3/4"
dia but opening out to perhaps inch and a half dia for a couple of inches at
the end, where the turns are wider spaced. The spring goes through a rigid
plastic or metal tube about 18" - 2' long and has a handle on the other end
from the opened out bit. You shove the opened out end of the spring down the
pan and keep pushing while turning the spring via the handle - it worms its
way down around the bend and macerates the soggy loo roll which the toddler
dropped in the pan and which is now just around the bend blocking the works
:-)

Failing that you can remove the pan (unscrew base) and clear it the hard way
:-(

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:51:50 +0100, "John Stumbles"
] wrote:

There are also people who enjoy doing this job - try yellow pages.

They enjoy taking your money off you too :-)

And this is one of the very best uses that money can be put to.....

Paul King

"philip" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a blocked toilet and have tried pouring pails of water and
plunging it but it have not worked satisfactorily. What else could be

done?
The plumber weren't seem keen to do it. I heard of the flexible wire, can

it be
bought in the hardware store and if so what is its exact description.

Please
help.

Regards Philip

I *BET* you've got a new infant and flushed the disposable nappy down the
pan! OR, you've got a wife who does something similar every month!

These articles are NOT DESIGNED to be disposed of in this way. Sure -
they're disposable - IN THE BIN!

It took several SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS with my wife to make her see the errors
of her ways - thankfully before major expense was incurred!

It's just amazing how many people think that once its gone "down the bog"
that's an end to the matter. Some weeks later things start to "go slow" and
poor old Mr Jones at the end or the run has to pick up the bill 'cos the
drain's on his property - and his wife's been dead for years!

These things should be banned as a public health hazard. Use Terry nappies
*PROPERLY* and train the missus!

Guess, if you can't free it yourself you'll have to get Dynorod in!

---

robgraham

[...]

To clear the loo, you mean?

Rob Graham

PoP

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:06:06 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

They enjoy taking your money off you too :-)

And this is one of the very best uses that money can be put to.....

What's wrong with you lot? Gordon Bennett - afraid of putting your
hand down the loo to drag a festering mess out indeed.

That's what wives are for..... g,d,rvvf

PoP

Rick

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:41:59 +0000 (UTC), philip
wrote:

Hi,
I have a blocked toilet and have tried pouring pails of water and
plunging it but it have not worked satisfactorily. What else could be done?
The plumber weren't seem keen to do it. I heard of the flexible wire, can it be
bought in the hardware store and if so what is its exact description. Please
help.

Regards Philip

A method that "her indoors" uses, is to get a bin liner, put some
towels int and to use it as a giant plunger.

She swears by it !!

Rick...

Replacing leaking toilet Jeremy Taylor UK diy 4 September 11th 03 04:51 PM
Moving a toilet... Slugsie UK diy 12 September 9th 03 11:09 PM
toilet takes a number of pulls before flushing (newbie) jerry UK diy 1 August 27th 03 10:37 AM
Fitting toilet after tiling Roger Wareham UK diy 0 August 12th 03 01:44 PM
Toilet FAQ? Abso UK diy 20 July 20th 03 02:19 PM