DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Laminate Flooring - making adjustments (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/187289-laminate-flooring-making-adjustments.html)

LongYP December 28th 06 09:06 AM

Laminate Flooring - making adjustments

Hi,

I put down a laminate floor about 1 year ago - using a kit with the spacers
etc etc.

Floor has seemed fine ever since until last couple of months where it has
started to rise up.

Any suggestions how I can neatly make adjustments to the floor so it sits
down again. I guess some way of shaving a little more off the edges?

Thanks for any suggestions.

The Natural Philosopher December 28th 06 10:08 AM

LongYP wrote:
Hi,

I put down a laminate floor about 1 year ago - using a kit with the spacers
etc etc.

Floor has seemed fine ever since until last couple of months where it has
started to rise up.

Any suggestions how I can neatly make adjustments to the floor so it sits
down again. I guess some way of shaving a little more off the edges?

Yes. Or switch the CH on...its likely gotten a little higher humidity
over the dreadfully damp late summer and autumn.

A jigsaw can work if you can't get an edge up..

Thanks for any suggestions.

jack January 2nd 07 10:04 PM

Laminate Flooring - making adjustments

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:06:33 -0000, "LongYP"
wrote:

Hi,

I put down a laminate floor about 1 year ago - using a kit with the spacers
etc etc.

Floor has seemed fine ever since until last couple of months where it has
started to rise up.

Any suggestions how I can neatly make adjustments to the floor so it sits
down again. I guess some way of shaving a little more off the edges?

Thanks for any suggestions.

u need to find out where its binding and use a sharp chisel to trim
off the offending bit(s)

jake