Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Phases of Redecoration

Hi all,

I've recently bought a house (first time buyer).
Its a 3bed semi. Built 1994 - ofch and Double glazing.

I've budgeted £9000 to redecorate.

I hope to lay laminate floors, new doors (presently there's those fake
brown ones that are hollow), full paint/wallpaper, tile kitchen floor
and bathroom, install electric shower in bathroom and a new kitchen
(from B&Q).
I hope to inatall pine panel doors and paint them as they hang.

I hope to start asap.... but I'm wondering - what is the best order to
do all these things ie
Will i paint first before laying the laminate floors? Will I get a
joiner to hang the new doors before laying the floors?

I regard myself pretty competent at DIY (gona install alarm system -
plum and wire kitchen and shower).
I'm an industrial electrician and I have l little experience of house
construction.

Thanks for your help,
Shay

Power Bridge 3 Phases Igor Electronics 0 February 15th 06 09:45 AM
Licensed and Insured sub-contractors needed, All phases of construction [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 11th 05 03:50 AM
Motor Phases SRF Metalworking 20 October 23rd 03 09:32 AM