DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Washing machine.... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/185774-washing-machine.html)

kev007 December 13th 06 07:04 PM

Washing machine....

I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

Handy December 13th 06 07:21 PM

Washing machine....

"kev007" wrote:
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Do you mean you want to connect the existing grey ribbed waste hose to a new
length of grey ribbed waste hose?

Sylvain VAN DER WALDE December 13th 06 07:42 PM

Washing machine....

"kev007" wrote in message
oups.com...
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

I know nothing about washing machines, including the parts that you mention.
But rubber hoses and clips (Jubilee) as used on motor vehicles can be very
handy.

Sylvain.

Stuart December 13th 06 07:53 PM

Washing machine....

On 13 Dec 2006 11:04:37 -0800, "kev007" wrote:

I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

I seem to remember using a piece of copper and two hose clips ...

kev007 December 13th 06 08:09 PM

Washing machine....

Do you mean you want to connect the existing grey ribbed waste hose to a new
length of grey ribbed waste hose?

Yes

Ian Stirling December 13th 06 08:39 PM

Washing machine....

kev007 wrote:
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Toolstation do them - search on washing machine.

Handy December 14th 06 06:49 AM

Washing machine....

"kev007" wrote:
Yes

You need a hose connector:
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm?url=http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/123.asp

Dave Plowman (News) December 14th 06 09:13 AM

Washing machine....

In article .com,
kev007 wrote:
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

An offcut of 15mm copper tube with Yorkshire straight couplers soldered on
either end and some jubilee clips. The solder 'rib' on the Yorkshire gives
a good location for the jubilee clip needed to make it watertight.

--
*If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.