DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tower (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/185296-tower.html)

keith_765 December 9th 06 04:35 PM

Tower

----- Original Message -----
From: "cojack"
Newsgroups: free.uk.diy.home
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 10:35 AM
Subject: tower

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

pristine condition used twice & stored in brick shed, steel

£90 collect from Surrey

Colin

[email protected] December 9th 06 04:50 PM

Tower

keith_765 wrote:

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

must be a dwarf

. December 9th 06 04:56 PM

Tower

wrote:
keith_765 wrote:

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

must be a dwarf

" = inches ' = feet

looks at napkin

I read that as 15 to 18 feet ?

would you like that in Dobly ?

Adrian C December 9th 06 06:07 PM

Tower

wrote:
keith_765 wrote:

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

must be a dwarf

3', yup?

--
Adrian C

Ron Lowe December 9th 06 06:21 PM

Tower

"." wrote in message
keith_765 wrote:

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

must be a dwarf

" = inches ' = feet

looks at napkin

I read that as 15 to 18 feet ?

would you like that in Dobly ?

I think the suggestion was that standing on a platform height of 15',
perhaps a normal-sized person could reach up more than a further 3 feet. An
18 foot working height would be assuming a dwarf standing on the platform.

In actual fact, I find that the stated 3' above the platform is a fairly
ideal working height, particularly for heavy work ( like holding a
hilti-drill ).

It is of course possible to perform work at 6' above the platform height,
but it's less than ideal. Either sore arms from working overhead ( like
you get after a day wiring up ceiling roses ), or you can place the boards
higher up on the platform, on the top sections which normally only function
as handrails. ( on some designs it may be possible to place the boards
half-way up a section, so you don't loose all the height of the handrails. )
This is obviously hazardous, since you are loosing some or all of your
handrail height. If you find yourself doing this often, time to buy a few
more sections for the tower!

--
Ron

Autolycus December 9th 06 06:39 PM

Tower

"Adrian C" wrote in message
keith_765 wrote:

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

must be a dwarf

3', yup?

I think that the degree of casuistry in adverts for scaffold towers is
inversely proportional to their price: thus a very cheap tower will have
only one height quoted - the maximum a very tall person standing on
tiptoes might just be able to touch, a mid-price tower will quote two
heights - the handrail height together with a moderately sensible
reaching height, and an expensive tower will tell you how high the
platform is. I'd guess keith_765's tower might fall in the middle
category. Cheap towers tend also to be priced analogously to a ladder
that requires its rungs to be bought separately.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g.

keith_765 December 9th 06 08:05 PM

Tower

"Autolycus" wrote in message

"Adrian C" wrote in message
keith_765 wrote:

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

must be a dwarf

.. I'd guess keith_765's tower might fall in the middle
category. Cheap towers tend also to be priced analogously to a ladder
that requires its rungs to be bought separately.

The tower is not mine. I copied and pasted the details from
"free.uk.diy.home"
The person who is enquiring on this group for a tower stated he has a
limited budget.
Only trying to help.

Tower height 4.m 57cm , safe working 5m.95cm