DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kitchen sink & the black mat stuck to the underside (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/184995-kitchen-sink-black-mat-stuck-underside.html)

brush-head December 6th 06 08:33 PM

Kitchen sink & the black mat stuck to the underside

Hi
Our kitchen sink had a black mat stuck to it's underside. It has fallen
off. Does anyone know the purpose of this mat? Is it for sound
deadening (as water flow into sink from taps) heat retention for hot
water.
If it has to be stuck on what's the best adhesive?

Stuart December 6th 06 08:45 PM

Kitchen sink & the black mat stuck to the underside

On 6 Dec 2006 12:33:02 -0800, "brush-head"
wrote:

Hi
Our kitchen sink had a black mat stuck to it's underside. It has fallen
off. Does anyone know the purpose of this mat? Is it for sound
deadening (as water flow into sink from taps) heat retention for hot
water.
If it has to be stuck on what's the best adhesive?

I think it's to help stop the metal flexing .I would imagine silicone would do
to restick it .

Stuart

Andy Hall December 6th 06 08:47 PM

Kitchen sink & the black mat stuck to the underside

On 2006-12-06 20:33:02 +0000, "brush-head"
said:

Hi
Our kitchen sink had a black mat stuck to it's underside. It has fallen
off. Does anyone know the purpose of this mat? Is it for sound
deadening (as water flow into sink from taps) heat retention for hot
water.
If it has to be stuck on what's the best adhesive?

It's for sound deadening.

Evostik will stick it - the proper solvent one, not the toy mimsy version.

[email protected] December 7th 06 10:40 AM

wrote:

I think it's to help stop the metal flexing .I would imagine silicone would do
to restick it .

Never, the stiffness of metal is higher than that of the black pad.
It's for sound deadening to make a cheap thin metal sink sound more
expensive!

The Natural Philosopher December 8th 06 08:17 AM

brush-head wrote:
Hi
Our kitchen sink had a black mat stuck to it's underside. It has fallen
off. Does anyone know the purpose of this mat? Is it for sound
deadening (as water flow into sink from taps) heat retention for hot
water.
If it has to be stuck on what's the best adhesive?

stiffening and soundproofing.
evostik.