DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   water pressure low to nothing, dripping sounds intermittently when heating kicks in (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/184975-water-pressure-low-nothing-dripping-sounds-intermittently-when-heating-kicks.html)

[email protected] December 6th 06 01:16 PM

water pressure low to nothing, dripping sounds intermittently when heating kicks in

we leave our boiler on constant, turning the heating thermostat up from
18 to about 20 when we get home from work, reducing back to 18 when we
go to bed.

Just lately we've noticed that the bathroom shower on occasions only
trickles plus when someone turns a tap on elsewhere in the house, the
person showering gets cold water only. the other problem which could
be related is that the heating intermittently has a dripping sound in
one of the bedrooms.

We've bled the radiators but nothing came out, we've turned the screw
on the pressure by the water tank but nothing has cured these problems.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

Sparks December 6th 06 01:49 PM

water pressure low to nothing, dripping sounds intermittently when heating kicks in

wrote in message
oups.com...
we leave our boiler on constant, turning the heating thermostat up from
18 to about 20 when we get home from work, reducing back to 18 when we
go to bed.

Just lately we've noticed that the bathroom shower on occasions only
trickles plus when someone turns a tap on elsewhere in the house, the
person showering gets cold water only. the other problem which could
be related is that the heating intermittently has a dripping sound in
one of the bedrooms.

We've bled the radiators but nothing came out, we've turned the screw
on the pressure by the water tank but nothing has cured these problems.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

What type of heating system do you have, sealed or vented?

With a sealed system, you will have a pressure gauge on or near your boiler

With a vented system, you should have a small header tank in the loft for
the heating.

Sparks...

The Natural Philosopher December 8th 06 08:14 AM

wrote:
we leave our boiler on constant, turning the heating thermostat up from
18 to about 20 when we get home from work, reducing back to 18 when we
go to bed.

Just lately we've noticed that the bathroom shower on occasions only
trickles plus when someone turns a tap on elsewhere in the house, the
person showering gets cold water only. the other problem which could
be related is that the heating intermittently has a dripping sound in
one of the bedrooms.

We've bled the radiators but nothing came out, we've turned the screw
on the pressure by the water tank but nothing has cured these problems.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

Dr Drivel been involved in the installation has he?;-)