DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sockets and switches from Aldi (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/184322-sockets-switches-aldi.html)

Yaz November 30th 06 08:51 AM

Sockets and switches from Aldi

I recently bought a lot of Sockets and switches from Aldi (over 1 month
ago). I am now left with several that I need to sell off as Aldi say thry
cannot except them back as it is alreday 7 weeks ago that they were bought.

Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer may be. This is so they can be
advertised and buyers can be advised that it is not actually a discontinued
product.

TIA
Yaz

Tony Bryer November 30th 06 11:10 AM

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:51:38 GMT Yaz wrote :
I recently bought a lot of Sockets and switches from Aldi
(over 1 month ago). I am now left with several that I need to
sell off as Aldi say thry cannot except them back as it is
alreday 7 weeks ago that they were bought.

Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer may be.

If there's no manufacturer name moulded into the plastic then no.
Aldi probably bought one large consignment from an unknown
manufacturer.

Yaz December 2nd 06 01:50 PM

"Owain" wrote in message
Yaz wrote:
I recently bought a lot of Sockets and switches from Aldi (over 1 month
ago). I am now left with several that I need to sell off as Aldi say
thry
cannot except them back as it is alreday 7 weeks ago that they were
bought.
Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer may be. This is so they can be
advertised and buyers can be advised that it is not actually a
discontinued
product.

Just ebay them as Aldi - it's quite likely some other people are looking
for matching ones to complete their scheme, having not managed to buy
enough before Aldi sold out.

Thanks i'll try that but being offered silly money?

Sid

Dave Plowman (News) December 2nd 06 02:11 PM

Sockets and switches from Aldi

In article ,
Yaz wrote:
Just ebay them as Aldi - it's quite likely some other people are
looking for matching ones to complete their scheme, having not
managed to buy enough before Aldi sold out.

Thanks i'll try that but being offered silly money?

Ebay tends to find the true market value. They're not worth anything if
you keep them except as spares or to match if you extend. Which is a good
reason for sticking to the better known brands anyway.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Guy King December 2nd 06 02:27 PM

Sockets and switches from Aldi

The message
from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Ebay tends to find the true market value.

Which is often more than you can buy things in the shops for.

--
Skipweasel