DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to post an (electric) guitar? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/183982-re-how-post-electric-guitar.html)

Steven Campbell November 27th 06 01:09 PM

How to post an (electric) guitar?

"Mike" wrote in message
I thought this would be easy but not so...
Basically I want to send an electric guitar as an Xmas present to someone
in the
uk (I'm also in the uk).

SNIPPED

Get a cheap guitar case and then you won't have to worry about wrapping it
as much or if you get a hard case then you can consider it wrapped!!
You could also try posting in uk.people.consumers.ebay they regularly have
experience of posting strange shaped object questions.
http://www.p4d.co.uk/ has cover upto a £1000 so you should be ok with them.

Steven

Steven Campbell November 27th 06 05:20 PM

How to post an (electric) guitar?

"Mike" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:09:08 -0000, "Steven Campbell"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..
I thought this would be easy but not so...
Basically I want to send an electric guitar as an Xmas present to
someone
in the
uk (I'm also in the uk).

SNIPPED

Get a cheap guitar case and then you won't have to worry about wrapping it
as much or if you get a hard case then you can consider it wrapped!!
You could also try posting in uk.people.consumers.ebay they regularly have
experience of posting strange shaped object questions.
http://www.p4d.co.uk/ has cover upto a £1000 so you should be ok with
them.

Steven

thanks all. Steven this is a really good link - have you used them
yourself?

No Mike I haven't used them personally.
I enquired a while back about delivery companies and this company had a few
recommendations so I bookmarked it.
The others were
http://www.interparcel.com/
http://www.parcel2go.com/