Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Composite corrugated roof panels

Mate of mine has this corrugated composite roof panel product in mind. He
recollects them as a very rigid and industrial panel. He's seen the stuff
in the likes of B&Q and wants something superior. What are the options and
where do you get them?

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"visionset" wrote:
Mate of mine has this corrugated composite roof panel product in mind. He
recollects them as a very rigid and industrial panel. He's seen the stuff
in the likes of B&Q and wants something superior. What are the options
and where do you get them?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/icat/roofingsheet

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Handy" wrote in message
"visionset" wrote:
Mate of mine has this corrugated composite roof panel product in mind.
He recollects them as a very rigid and industrial panel. He's seen the
stuff in the likes of B&Q and wants something superior. What are the
options and where do you get them?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/icat/roofingsheet

No, he mentioned both these types and they are not the substantial stuff he
is thinking of.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:03:04 GMT Visionset wrote :
Mate of mine has this corrugated composite roof panel product
in mind. He recollects them as a very rigid and industrial panel.
He's seen the stuff in the likes of B&Q and wants something superior.
What are the options and where do you get them?

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.cladco.co.uk/roof-insulation.htm

and there's a price list, so no guessing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:03:04 GMT Visionset wrote :
Mate of mine has this corrugated composite roof panel product
in mind. He recollects them as a very rigid and industrial panel.
He's seen the stuff in the likes of B&Q and wants something superior.
What are the options and where do you get them?

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.cladco.co.uk/roof-insulation.htm

and there's a price list, so no guessing.

I don't think so, because it's just for a garage remodelling exercise and
the insulation won't be important. I think he just wanted a really good
quality product with less inherent flex than the usual stuff.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tony Bryer
writes
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:03:04 GMT Visionset wrote :
Mate of mine has this corrugated composite roof panel product
in mind. He recollects them as a very rigid and industrial panel.
He's seen the stuff in the likes of B&Q and wants something superior.
What are the options and where do you get them?

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.cladco.co.uk/roof-insulation.htm

and there's a price list, so no guessing.

Alternatively, http://www.steadmans.co.uk You will require special
fixings and may need barge boards plus internal and external ridges for
a pitched roof. The fixing has a section of thread under the head to
*pull* the sheet tight to the sealing washer.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , visionset
writes

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:03:04 GMT Visionset wrote :
Mate of mine has this corrugated composite roof panel product
in mind. He recollects them as a very rigid and industrial panel.
He's seen the stuff in the likes of B&Q and wants something superior.
What are the options and where do you get them?

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.cladco.co.uk/roof-insulation.htm

and there's a price list, so no guessing.

I don't think so, because it's just for a garage remodelling exercise and
the insulation won't be important. I think he just wanted a really good
quality product with less inherent flex than the usual stuff.

Repeat of comment in earlier thread..... uninsulated steel roofing plus
frosty night = morning condensation drips. Single skin asbestos cement
is porous and seems to cycle condensate without dripping.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

Repeat of comment in earlier thread..... uninsulated steel roofing plus
frosty night = morning condensation drips. Single skin asbestos cement is
porous and seems to cycle condensate without dripping.

Not so.
My single pitch garage roof is single corrugated asbestos panels and drips
badly after a frosty night.

The slope angle of the roof may decide whether the drips run down or drip
off.
Does anyone know the critical angle? ( but it probabaly depands on the
material)

Apex roofs with steeper slopes may acheive sufficient pitch angle to prevent
dripping.

Roger R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger R" wrote in message

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

Repeat of comment in earlier thread..... uninsulated steel roofing
plus frosty night = morning condensation drips. Single skin asbestos
cement is porous and seems to cycle condensate without dripping.

Not so.
My single pitch garage roof is single corrugated asbestos panels and
drips badly after a frosty night.

Is the underside of the roof painted? I made the mistake of slapping
some masonry paint on the underside of some very old and mucky
asbestos-cement sheets, and they drip in certain weather conditions when
other (unpainted) parts of the same roof don't. They leak, as well, but
that's another story. This a single pitch roof, around 10 degrees iirc.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Roger R
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

Repeat of comment in earlier thread..... uninsulated steel roofing plus
frosty night = morning condensation drips. Single skin asbestos cement is
porous and seems to cycle condensate without dripping.

Not so.
My single pitch garage roof is single corrugated asbestos panels and drips
badly after a frosty night.

You amaze me! I have several BS5502 steel framed barns with cement
bonded fibre big 6 roofing and no drips.

The slope angle of the roof may decide whether the drips run down or drip
off.
Does anyone know the critical angle? ( but it probabaly depands on the
material)

Agricultural pitch is around 12.5 degrees.

Apex roofs with steeper slopes may acheive sufficient pitch angle to prevent
dripping.

Hmm.. see comment elsewhere about sealing with paint.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:16:56 GMT Visionset wrote :
I don't think so, because it's just for a garage remodelling exercise and
the insulation won't be important. I think he just wanted a really good
quality product with less inherent flex than the usual stuff.

The same site has uninsulated sheets