DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   odd mains plug (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/183567-re-odd-mains-plug.html)

Sparks November 22nd 06 10:21 PM

odd mains plug

wrote in message ...
My son has bought an item of computer equipment and it has an unfused
mains lead fitted with an IEC connector at one end and a 13a plug at the
other. The 13a plug is smaller than normal, and as stated above has no
fuse.

If I was at work I'd condemn it on visual inspection for a pat test. Is it
legal to sell such a lead?

Photos:
http://86.22.19.133/plug1.jpeg
http://86.22.19.133/plug2.jpeg

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

No, was it bought from a reputable retailer?

I would be calling trading standards if I were you, as AFAIK this is
dangerous and illegal.

Potentially 32A can pass through this plug/lead and IEC connector (These are
usually stamped with 10A on them - is this one?)

I think the retailer will be required to recall any they have sold too.

Sparks...

Guy King November 23rd 06 03:49 AM

odd mains plug

The message
from contains these words:

I've passed that on to my son, he won't respond as he doesn't want neg FB
from seller, the lead is binned.

Doesn't stop you shopping the supplier to TS yourself. Or even just
waiting till the feedback process is finished and then do it.

--
Skipweasel