DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Estimated cost of a garden wall (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/182944-estimated-cost-garden-wall.html)

Andrew Welham November 17th 06 11:31 AM

Estimated cost of a garden wall

If I hired a builder to build a single leaf front garden wall ( 4 bricks
high + fingers). Whats the estimated costs per meter ???

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with .

Alan November 17th 06 01:28 PM

Estimated cost of a garden wall

If I hired a builder to build a single leaf front garden wall ( 4 bricks
high + fingers). Whats the estimated costs per meter ???

That depends on your area, the foundations (if any), the type of brick etc.

Get some brickies round for a quote?

Andrew Welham November 17th 06 01:44 PM

Estimated cost of a garden wall

I'm not looking for a quote to have any work done, but rather a gage of
what it would cost if a brickie did the job.
i looking for a comparison of DIY vs get someone in not a job to be done

EricP November 17th 06 02:25 PM

Estimated cost of a garden wall

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:31:21 +0000, Andrew Welham
wrote:

If I hired a builder to build a single leaf front garden wall ( 4 bricks
high + fingers). Whats the estimated costs per meter ???

£1 per brick is the usual reference figure, with them supplying the
brick.

Andrew Mawson November 17th 06 03:37 PM

"Andrew Welham" wrote in message

I'm not looking for a quote to have any work done, but rather a gage

of
what it would cost if a brickie did the job.
i looking for a comparison of DIY vs get someone in not a job to be

done

Try cost of materials plus labour, which will be a brickie and a
labourer. Say £250 per day or part of a day unless you are in an
expensive area or planning to do the labouring yourself.

AWEM

Phil L November 17th 06 07:22 PM

Andrew Welham wrote:
If I hired a builder to build a single leaf front garden wall ( 4
bricks high + fingers). Whats the estimated costs per meter ???

They don't work 'per metre' on piffling jobs like garden walls, especially
ones that are only 4 bricks high :-p
They price per metre when there's a few hundred metres to do, other than
that it's priced on day rate or per hundred or thousand bricks.
If you've only got a few hundred bricks to lay, either lay them yourself or
get a small builder in, it's unlikely a bricky will leave any kind of decent
sized job to go and lay a few hundred...a small builder will probably charge
you a day, approx £250, you supply the bricks.

raden November 17th 06 11:19 PM

Estimated cost of a garden wall

In message , Andrew Welham
writes

If I hired a builder to build a single leaf front garden wall ( 4
bricks high + fingers). Whats the estimated costs per meter ???

Enough to make you realise that you should have done it yourself, I
would hope

--
geoff