DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   10mm sand & cement skim (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/182248-10mm-sand-cement-skim.html)

F November 11th 06 07:33 PM

10mm sand & cement skim

I need to add 10mm to a concrete floor to bring it up to the same level
as an adjacent one.

Do I paint the surface to be raised with PVA (diluted?), or add some PVA
to the sand/cement mix? Or is there a third way?

TIA

--
Frank

Staffbull November 11th 06 07:48 PM

10mm sand & cement skim

F wrote:
I need to add 10mm to a concrete floor to bring it up to the same level
as an adjacent one.

Do I paint the surface to be raised with PVA (diluted?), or add some PVA
to the sand/cement mix? Or is there a third way?

TIA

--
Frank

just done the same albeit a smaller area, just where the old meets new
between the old cavity wall. I did both, good splosh of 50/50 water PVA
on the floor and a good dollop into the screed mix, I've done it before
in the old dining room and thats fine 5 yrs on

Andrew Gabriel November 11th 06 08:39 PM

10mm sand & cement skim

In article .com,
"Staffbull" writes:

F wrote:
I need to add 10mm to a concrete floor to bring it up to the same level
as an adjacent one.

Do I paint the surface to be raised with PVA (diluted?), or add some PVA
to the sand/cement mix? Or is there a third way?

just done the same albeit a smaller area, just where the old meets new
between the old cavity wall. I did both, good splosh of 50/50 water PVA
on the floor and a good dollop into the screed mix, I've done it before
in the old dining room and thats fine 5 yrs on

In a similar application, I used a slurry of cement/PVA/water
in a 2:1:1 ratio, with mortar applied on top whilst slurry still
tacky. Lafarge's helpline recommended this (actually it was an
outdoor application and waterproof PVA was used).

--
Andrew Gabriel