DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aldi flat-screen TVs (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/181768-aldi-flat-screen-tvs.html)

Timothy Murphy November 7th 06 01:03 PM

Aldi flat-screen TVs

Anyone bought one of these recently?
Was it any good?

Some are on sale here on 25 November,
but my impression is that items are usually sold in the UK
a few weeks earlier.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie

John Laird November 7th 06 05:46 PM

Aldi flat-screen TVs

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Anyone bought one of these recently?
Was it any good?

Some are on sale here on 25 November,
but my impression is that items are usually sold in the UK
a few weeks earlier.

I've no personal knowledge, but if they haven't debated this to death
he

http://www.avforums.com/

then I'd be surprised...

General opinion on Aldi/Lidl stuff seems to be that it is good value,
and if the quality is not what you expect, then I think there's a
28-day no-quibble returns policy or the 3-year guarantee to fall back
on.

I presume you're looking at the 32" LCD HD TV. There are plenty of
bargains to be found elsewhere at that spec, although of course I don't
know what Aldi's price is going to be.

[Speaking from a UK perspective, that is.]

--
"Free advice is worth what you pay for it"

Steve November 7th 06 06:34 PM

Aldi flat-screen TVs

On 7 Nov 2006 09:46:03 -0800, John Laird wrote:

Timothy Murphy wrote:
[6 quoted lines suppressed]

I've no personal knowledge, but if they haven't debated this to death
he

http://www.avforums.com/

They did.

The opinion was that the last 42 lcd was okay, but the plasma before that
was a total disaster.

As to price, it will have to be below £400 to be seen as a good deal these
days.

Steve