DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Door latch thingy (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/181246-door-latch-thingy.html)

AMO November 2nd 06 03:23 PM

Door latch thingy

Hi all,

I have just purchased this item:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9435&ts=86620#

However, it seems that it only comes with what is shown in the picture.

I don't get the other bits like shown in this pictu

How do I buy the door latch bit seperately and how do I know whether it will
fit or are they all the same?

Thanx

AMO

The3rd Earl Of Derby November 2nd 06 03:40 PM

Door latch thingy

AMO wrote:
Hi all,

I have just purchased this item:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9435&ts=86620#

However, it seems that it only comes with what is shown in the
picture.

I don't get the other bits like shown in this pictu

How do I buy the door latch bit seperately and how do I know whether
it will fit or are they all the same?

Thanx

AMO

If its the square rod then they will fit any handle.

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Stuart November 2nd 06 03:56 PM

Door latch thingy

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 15:23:01 -0000, "AMO" wrote:

Hi all,

I have just purchased this item:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9435&ts=86620#

However, it seems that it only comes with what is shown in the picture.

I don't get the other bits like shown in this pictu

How do I buy the door latch bit seperately and how do I know whether it will
fit or are they all the same?

Thanx

AMO

I'd have thought you would have got the spindle along with the handles .Did you
..?

Screwfix do sell the mortice latches but this is for a bathroom so you will
neeed a bathroom latch so it can be locked when shut .
These links might help .

Stuart

Dave Plowman (News) November 2nd 06 04:14 PM

Door latch thingy

In article ,
AMO wrote:
I have just purchased this item:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9435&ts=86620#

However, it seems that it only comes with what is shown in the picture.

I don't get the other bits like shown in this pictu

How do I buy the door latch bit seperately and how do I know whether it
will fit or are they all the same?

The first picture shows a handle designed for a locking type, so you'll
need one of these.

*The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Stuart November 2nd 06 04:46 PM

Door latch thingy

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:14:00 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
AMO wrote:
I have just purchased this item:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9435&ts=86620#

However, it seems that it only comes with what is shown in the picture.

I don't get the other bits like shown in this pictu

How do I buy the door latch bit seperately and how do I know whether it
will fit or are they all the same?

The first picture shows a handle designed for a locking type, so you'll
need one of these.

But not one that requires a key surely as this is a thumbturn set .????

Guy King November 2nd 06 05:07 PM

Door latch thingy

The message
from Stuart contains these words:

Screwfix do sell the mortice latches but this is for a bathroom so you will
neeed a bathroom latch so it can be locked when shut .

Definitely. Access from outside in emergencies is well worth having -
saves breaking the door down when a small locks themselves in.

--
Skipweasel

Dave Plowman (News) November 2nd 06 05:47 PM

Door latch thingy

In article ,
Stuart wrote:
The first picture shows a handle designed for a locking type, so you'll
need one of these.

But not one that requires a key surely as this is a thumbturn set .????

Ah - didn't look at it properly. ;-)

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

AMO November 2nd 06 05:59 PM

Door latch thingy

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
If its the square rod then they will fit any handle.

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Thanx Benjamin and all else who replied. Much appreciated! ;0)

AMO