Andy Hall

Default Proposed Part P Building Regulations (Electrical Wiring)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 00:15:00 +0100, "Paul Coyne"
wrote:

Would the average man on the street realise that building regs
approval is now required to replace a hot water cylinder?

Is it?
Bloody Hell.
shuffles feet, look innocent

What does that cover then?
I mean as far as regs. Surely there are limited things that can be screwed
up replacing a cylinder?

For this one, the nanny state would like to make sure that you are
using a cylinder of suitable type to meet energy saving requirements.

You can either do the work yourself and issue a building notice at
your local authority or use a professional member of an approved trade
association who will self certify.

In addition, if the cylinder is pressurised, they would like an
approved professional to install it. However, that has been the case
for a while.

Paul

I know it's a very late reply but I'm just catching up after a few months
off.

While you've been away, they've regulated sex as well, so forget about
that until you have a permit from the Office of the Deputy Prime
Minister. Of course, if you are a member of a trade association, you
can "self certify". That particular organisation, according to their
web site, seems to be very keen on "self certrification".

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Paul Coyne

For this one, the nanny state would like to make sure that you are
using a cylinder of suitable type to meet energy saving requirements.

Well Screwfix said it was...

You can either do the work yourself and issue a building notice at
your local authority or use a professional member of an approved trade
association who will self certify.

Oh FFS.
They'll be telling me I can't replace my windows next.

;-

In addition, if the cylinder is pressurised, they would like an
approved professional to install it. However, that has been the case
for a while.

Oh no, standard vented semi pumped system.
Expect lots of tedious boiler rplacement questions real soon now.

I know it's a very late reply but I'm just catching up after a few

months
off.

While you've been away, they've regulated sex as well, so forget about
that until you have a permit from the Office of the Deputy Prime
Minister. Of course, if you are a member of a trade association, you
can "self certify". That particular organisation, according to their
web site, seems to be very keen on "self certrification".

Ahh, I'm in a long term relationship and have a young child; "self
certification" is about as good as it gets these days.

cheers

Paul

PoP

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:54:00 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

While you've been away, they've regulated sex as well, so forget about
that until you have a permit from the Office of the Deputy Prime
Minister. Of course, if you are a member of a trade association, you
can "self certify". That particular organisation, according to their
web site, seems to be very keen on "self certrification".

I think John Prescott might be more interested in "self
gratification". Leastways, he comes across as being a big of a willy
wonker.

PoP

Neil

Is it?
Bloody Hell.
shuffles feet, look innocent

What does that cover then?
I mean as far as regs. Surely there are limited things that can be

screwed
up replacing a cylinder?

BG do not replace HW cylinder to the regs, and claim that they are exempt

Go figure!"

r.galvin

Oh FFS.
They'll be telling me I can't replace my windows next.

;-

I must admit I did perform quite a double take in the local trade place when
the lad behind the desk said I'd be breaking the law if I installed anything
less than 25mm double glazing.

Ross

Parish

Paul Coyne wrote:

Oh FFS.
They'll be telling me I can't replace my windows next.

Let's all bookmark this thread and come back in 10 years time to see
what other dumb**** legislation, that would seem unthinkable today, has
been introduced.

Ahh, I'm in a long term relationship and have a young child; "self
certification" is about as good as it gets these days.

ROFL :-)

New Electrical Regulations Tony Bryer UK diy 278 September 25th 03 08:53 PM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM
Overflow extended length from external wall - Building Regulations Jeff Martin UK diy 1 August 13th 03 11:37 PM
Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P) Andrew McKay UK diy 42 July 30th 03 08:05 AM
Electrical Wiring Grouping Factors in IEE Regs pickerel UK diy 5 July 14th 03 01:26 AM