DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   draining a closed central heating system (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/179751-draining-closed-central-heating-system.html)

maxap October 19th 06 02:50 PM

draining a closed central heating system

Hi all,

I've got a central heating system which is closed (pressure 1.5 bar). I am a bit worried about the pressure. Can I just open the valve on a radiator and drain it down? When filling it up again do I just fill up then bleed each radiator?

Cheers,

Maxap

Ed Sirett October 19th 06 11:11 PM

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:50:27 +0100, maxap wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a central heating system which is closed (pressure 1.5 bar). I
am a bit worried about the pressure. Can I just open the valve on a
radiator and drain it down? When filling it up again do I just fill up
then bleed each radiator?

Cheers,

The FAQ for this is linked below.