DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dimmer and compact fluorescents (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/179003-dimmer-compact-fluorescents.html)

Fred October 12th 06 06:40 PM

Dimmer and compact fluorescents

I assume a bit of a no-hoper but are there dimmers which work with certain
compact fluorescents?

Dave Plowman (News) October 12th 06 07:16 PM

Dimmer and compact fluorescents

In article ,
Fred wrote:
I assume a bit of a no-hoper but are there dimmers which work with
certain compact fluorescents?

Other way round. Certain CFLs can be dimmed, but they're not easily
available.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Derek ^ October 12th 06 07:30 PM

Dimmer and compact fluorescents

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:16:33 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fred wrote:
I assume a bit of a no-hoper but are there dimmers which work with
certain compact fluorescents?

Other way round. Certain CFLs can be dimmed, but they're not easily
available.

Most of them are plenty dim enough off the shelf.

;-)

DG

Fred October 12th 06 07:36 PM

Dimmer and compact fluorescents

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Fred wrote:
I assume a bit of a no-hoper but are there dimmers which work with
certain compact fluorescents?

Other way round. Certain CFLs can be dimmed, but they're not easily
available.

Many thanks.

I assume, while they might be "green", they may take a while to pay for
themselves.

I'll start looking! Any idea of sources and prices?

Andrew Gabriel October 12th 06 10:30 PM

"Fred" writes:

I assume, while they might be "green", they may take a while to pay for
themselves.

I'll start looking! Any idea of sources and prices?

I've only seen 120V versions, for US market.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dave Plowman (News) October 13th 06 12:26 AM

http://www.varilight.co.uk/page%20switch%20dimmable.htm