DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   old to new style shaver adapter (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/178887-old-new-style-shaver-adapter.html)

stixwix October 11th 06 06:28 PM

old to new style shaver adapter

Hi,

I have an old style shaver adapter in the bathroom (these take slightly
thinner plugs than the new ones) and a requirement to plug in a device
with a new style plug.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

Chris October 11th 06 08:21 PM

old to new style shaver adapter

"stixwix" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have an old style shaver adapter in the bathroom (these take slightly
thinner plugs than the new ones) and a requirement to plug in a device
with a new style plug.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

The "continental adaptors" used to plug UK plugs into euro sockets should
work. They usually take 2-pin shaver plugs which are too big to go directly
into the european mains sockets.

Chris

EricP October 11th 06 08:54 PM

old to new style shaver adapter

On 11 Oct 2006 10:28:53 -0700, "stixwix"
wrote:

Hi,

I have an old style shaver adapter in the bathroom (these take slightly
thinner plugs than the new ones) and a requirement to plug in a device
with a new style plug.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

Can you not enlarge the holes slightly and open the brass claws inside
the thing, just a bit.

Sparks October 12th 06 12:55 AM

"stixwix" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have an old style shaver adapter in the bathroom (these take slightly
thinner plugs than the new ones) and a requirement to plug in a device
with a new style plug.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

Replace the socket?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...rchText=shaver

stixwix October 16th 06 09:14 AM

Chris wrote:

The "continental adaptors" used to plug UK plugs into euro sockets should
work. They usually take 2-pin shaver plugs which are too big to go directly
into the european mains sockets.

Chris

This worked perfectly - they even have rounded bits in the uk bit of
the adapter for this purpose.

Thanks.
Andy