Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door stay?

Is there a particular name for the following type of door stay?

It has a flat metal bar which fits between two brackets, one on the
door one on frame at the top of the door. As you open the door it
latches in the fully open position and to release it to allow it to
close there is a pull cord. Often used on industrial and garage doors.

I can't seem to be able to find any locally.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Is there a particular name for the following type of door stay?

It has a flat metal bar which fits between two brackets, one on the
door one on frame at the top of the door. As you open the door it
latches in the fully open position and to release it to allow it to
close there is a pull cord. Often used on industrial and garage doors.

I can't seem to be able to find any locally.

Search for door latches

I know the one you're on about? the type it latches to the bracket and you
push the door back a bit to release the latch.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Is there a particular name for the following type of door stay?

It has a flat metal bar which fits between two brackets, one on the
door one on frame at the top of the door. As you open the door it
latches in the fully open position and to release it to allow it to
close there is a pull cord. Often used on industrial and garage doors.

I can't seem to be able to find any locally.

I think its code 24725 you're after?
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hard...es/d170/sd2310
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby pretended :
Search for door latches

I know the one you're on about? the type it latches to the bracket and you
push the door back a bit to release the latch.

No, this is just to hold the door in a wide open position possibly
against the wind, until the cord is pulled to release the catch.

Thanks anyway.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Is there a particular name for the following type of door stay?

It has a flat metal bar which fits between two brackets, one on the
door one on frame at the top of the door. As you open the door it
latches in the fully open position and to release it to allow it to
close there is a pull cord. Often used on industrial and garage doors.

I can't seem to be able to find any locally.

http://tinyurl.com/gnvpx

Page 2?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

shaun submitted this idea :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Is there a particular name for the following type of door stay?

It has a flat metal bar which fits between two brackets, one on the
door one on frame at the top of the door. As you open the door it
latches in the fully open position and to release it to allow it to
close there is a pull cord. Often used on industrial and garage doors.

I can't seem to be able to find any locally.

http://tinyurl.com/gnvpx

Page 2?

That it!

The 'garage door stay'

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "shaun" contains these words:

I can't seem to be able to find any locally.

http://tinyurl.com/gnvpx

I remeber them. Dad fitted some to the garage he built in the late
fifties. Dead good they were, strong, reliable and easy to use.

--
Skipweasel