DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gravity H/W Noise (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/178094-gravity-h-w-noise.html)

[email protected] October 4th 06 10:14 AM

Gravity H/W Noise

I have an annoying problem with my GHW system.

When the boiler first fires it appears that the water is heated then it
boils for a short time (maybe 30 sec max) before it starts to naturally
circulate.

If I turn the water off, then the boiler shuts down as it should.

If I then turn the water on again, the boiler then re starts and the
water is heated without the boiling noises.

Any Ideas how I can get the water circulating before the boiler fires
as I think this would cure the problem.

I'm going to see if it is possible to start the pumped CH for a couple
of minutes before the GHW starts to see if this does the trick.

I've already descaled the system, flushed and treated with Fernox noise
reducer and protector (maybe I should add more?).

Any Ideas gladly considered although I don't really want to change to
pumped HW

Kev

Dave Plowman (News) October 4th 06 10:37 AM

Gravity H/W Noise

In article . com,
wrote:
Any Ideas gladly considered although I don't really want to change to
pumped HW

But you really should consider doing this. As well as working better it
will save you money in the long run.

--
*Virtual reality is its own reward *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

[email protected] October 4th 06 02:56 PM

Gravity H/W Noise

How easy are the mods?
Is it just a matter of plumbing a pump into the gravity water circuit
and wiring in to the 2 port valve?

Kev