DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   electrical installation test certificate template (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/177902-electrical-installation-test-certificate-template.html)

Ren October 2nd 06 03:43 PM

electrical installation test certificate template

I have just found out, that after working out how to rewire the house
and fit a new CU, I now have to test it. Not only that, I have to send
in a test report for the Inspectors to view (plus one copy for the
document dossier).

So, is there any kind person out there who is able to send me an
electronic version of a blank test certificate template - or something
similar, which would satisfy the building inspectors etc?

Thanks for your help.

Tony Bryer October 2nd 06 04:01 PM

On 2 Oct 2006 06:43:38 -0700 Ren wrote :
I have just found out, that after working out how to rewire the house
and fit a new CU, I now have to test it. Not only that, I have to send
in a test report for the Inspectors to view (plus one copy for the
document dossier).

So, is there any kind person out there who is able to send me an
electronic version of a blank test certificate template - or something
similar, which would satisfy the building inspectors etc?

What are you going to do with the blank certificate once you've got it?
What really matters is not the certificate, but the fact that the work has
been tested by a suitably equipped person who is competent to do so.

Ren October 2nd 06 04:19 PM

Tony Bryer wrote:

What are you going to do with the blank certificate once you've got it?
What really matters is not the certificate, but the fact that the work has
been tested by a suitably equipped person who is competent to do so.

Sorry Mr Bryer,

I have all the gear - it's for my work on Zone 0 and Zone 1 hazardous
area electrical installations. Meters, Scopes, Meg's, LCR bridges etc.
etc. etc.

I will check the wiring out and fill in the forms myself - the
certificate is just to save me from having to design one myself, and
the inspector would like some continuity I'm sure.

Thanks,

Ren.

David Hansen October 2nd 06 04:37 PM

electrical installation test certificate template

On 2 Oct 2006 07:19:07 -0700 someone who may be "Ren"
wrote this:-

I will check the wiring out and fill in the forms myself - the
certificate is just to save me from having to design one myself, and
the inspector would like some continuity I'm sure.

If you have all the test equipment and know how to use it then I am
surprised you don't know where to get the forms from. A selection
are available from the IET (formerly IEE) web site.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Matt October 2nd 06 04:37 PM

electrical installation test certificate template

On 2 Oct 2006 06:43:38 -0700, "Ren"
wrote:

I have just found out, that after working out how to rewire the house
and fit a new CU, I now have to test it. Not only that, I have to send
in a test report for the Inspectors to view (plus one copy for the
document dossier).

So, is there any kind person out there who is able to send me an
electronic version of a blank test certificate template - or something
similar, which would satisfy the building inspectors etc?

Thanks for your help.

The BS7671 forms for filling in by hand and a pdf forms template for
computer entry are on the IET website

http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/forms.cfm

Ren October 2nd 06 04:42 PM

David Hansen wrote:

If you have all the test equipment and know how to use it then I am
surprised you don't know where to get the forms from.

Mr Hansen,

Thanks - my line is in EEx 'e', EEx 'i' and EEx 'd' systems for process
plants - this house stuff is all new to me, but logical.

Ren.

Hugo Nebula October 2nd 06 07:42 PM

electrical installation test certificate template

On 2 Oct 2006 07:19:07 -0700, a particular chimpanzee named "Ren"
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I will check the wiring out and fill in the forms myself - the
certificate is just to save me from having to design one myself, and
the inspector would like some continuity I'm sure.

They're in the back of Approved Document P (have a mooch around
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/eng...00001253.html).
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"