DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OFF TOPIC: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/177579-off-topic-political-correctness-gone-mad.html)

Sylvain VAN DER WALDE September 29th 06 04:00 PM

OFF TOPIC: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

Hello all.

The occupiers of the next door house (it's been sold some months ago to a
property investment company, and is awaiting refurbishment) have been
leaving many bags of rubbish in the area that used to be the front garden.
I did speak to them once before about it; and also put a note through their
letter box a couple of days ago, because there was a bad smell coming from
it. Anyway, those bags of rubbish are still there.
P.S. They have a large van, and could easily take them to the nearest dump,
_as they have done previously_.

To come to the crux of the matter:

I got in touch with my local council to report a possible health hazard.
They informed me that they could do nothing, as it was a private residence,
and not a council-owned one.

So I got in touch with the fire department (fire brigade) to report a
possible fire hazard. I was informed that they could do nothing; as it was a
private residence, and the occupiers were at liberty to do as they pleased.
I suggested that they could just _advise_ these occupiers about a possible
fire risk; but no, I was told that "their hands were tied" and that they
coudn't even do that.
It was suggested that the nearest thing that could be done was to distribute
some leaflets locally, but that was unlikely to be done.
Have you tried to get your local fire depatment's phone number? I don't
think that it's listed (like the police stations).
I had to get in touch with their headquarters, in the first place.

Sylvain.

Sairey September 29th 06 04:20 PM

Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:

I got in touch with my local council to report a possible health hazard.
They informed me that they could do nothing, as it was a private residence,
and not a council-owned one.

This is literally rubbish. Phone the local Environmental Health and
tell them you wish to report a statutory nuisance caused by an
accumulation or deposit which is prejudicial to health or a nuisance.

http://www.netregs.gov.uk/netregs/27...sion=1&lang=_e

Sairey

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 29th 06 04:28 PM

Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
[...]

You got in touch with the wrong people? try *Enviromental Health* and
report sightings of *rats*

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Guy King September 29th 06 06:41 PM

OFF TOPIC: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

report sightings of *rats*

That's no way to talk about the neighbours.

--
Skipweasel

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 29th 06 06:48 PM

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

report sightings of *rats*

That's no way to talk about the neighbours.

Too right it is,people can do without this sort of vermin in the
neighbourhood. :-)

its not houses they should be living in,but pigsty's

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Staffbull September 29th 06 08:24 PM

Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
[...]

On a similar note, I live next door to what can only be described as
"Mr Trebus no2" very overgrown garden strewn with rubbish, and the
house is in a state of disrepair. I might sound a bit snobbish but it
looks very bad next to our house (semi) we live in a small village 50
or so houses and next door sticks out like a sore thumb, with most
people coming here for the first time asking "how long has next door
been empty"!!

I have heard in the dim and distant past that there is such a thing as
a local council order to keep houses in a certain state of repair,
anyone know of it?

No point in talking to the guy, as the wheel is turning but the
hamster is long dead!! and he is usually ****ed out of his mind half
the time. Window pane blew out four months ago and he got round to
replacing it last week!! Lucky I'm not thinking of selling as it would
probably knock a few thou off.

The Natural Philosopher September 29th 06 09:36 PM

Staffbull wrote:
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
[...]

Ah..this is where you get canny.

Buy him regular crates of whiskey, and when he dies from cirrhosis, your
house will immediataly leap in value...

Bob Eager September 29th 06 10:56 PM

OFF TOPIC: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:03:51 UTC, Owain
wrote:

Social work? ASBO? Petrol bomb?

There are limits. ASBO and petrol bomb are pretty acceptable. But I
doubt he deserves a 'social worker' - cruel and unusual punishment.

raden September 29th 06 11:10 PM

OFF TOPIC: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

In message , Sylvain VAN DER
WALDE writes
Hello all.

The occupiers of the next door house (it's been sold some months ago to a
property investment company, and is awaiting refurbishment) have been
leaving many bags of rubbish in the area that used to be the front garden.
I did speak to them once before about it; and also put a note through their
letter box a couple of days ago, because there was a bad smell coming from
it. Anyway, those bags of rubbish are still there.
P.S. They have a large van, and could easily take them to the nearest dump,
_as they have done previously_.

To come to the crux of the matter:

I got in touch with my local council to report a possible health hazard.
They informed me that they could do nothing, as it was a private residence,
and not a council-owned one.

I bet you forgot to tell them about the rats ...

worked for me

--
geoff