Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Central heating Problem - 1 side not working

Part of my central heating is working - 2 radiators left of the boiler
are working without any problems. However, the other 3, right of the
boiler are not working. I've bled the 3 non working radiators without
any success in getting them to work.

However the pipes leading to the 3 non working radiators isn't hot.

These 3 radiators have previously worked - I'm not sure when the
stopped working, but i think it could have been when i had my flat
decorated and the decorator took of the radiators to paint and tile.
Nevertheless, only one side of the central heating systems radiators
are working now.

what can i do?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

henrooo wrote:
Part of my central heating is working - 2 radiators left of the boiler
are working without any problems. However, the other 3, right of the
boiler are not working. I've bled the 3 non working radiators without
any success in getting them to work.

It'll be an airlock, presumably caused when your decorators took the
rad
off: see http://tinyurl.com/o2uz5 (or
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&num=100&q=airlock+OR+%22 air+lock%22+group%3Auk.d-i-y&safe=off&qt_s=Search

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"henrooo" wrote:
Part of my central heating is working - 2 radiators left of the boiler
are working without any problems. However, the other 3, right of the
boiler are not working. I've bled the 3 non working radiators without
any success in getting them to work.

However the pipes leading to the 3 non working radiators isn't hot.

These 3 radiators have previously worked - I'm not sure when the
stopped working, but i think it could have been when i had my flat
decorated and the decorator took of the radiators to paint and tile.
Nevertheless, only one side of the central heating systems radiators
are working now.

what can i do?

The decorator would have shut both valves before removing the rads - is
there any chance that any of the valves were not opened after re-fitting the
rads? Have you tried running the CH with the 2 left rads turned off to see
if the 3 right rads get hot then? What came out when you bled the rads?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"henrooo" wrote in message
s.com...
Part of my central heating is working - 2 radiators left of the boiler
are working without any problems. However, the other 3, right of the
boiler are not working. I've bled the 3 non working radiators without
any success in getting them to work.

However the pipes leading to the 3 non working radiators isn't hot.

These 3 radiators have previously worked - I'm not sure when the
stopped working, but i think it could have been when i had my flat
decorated and the decorator took of the radiators to paint and tile.
Nevertheless, only one side of the central heating systems radiators
are working now.

what can i do?

Buy an ambidextrous boiler ??????????? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

woodglass wrote:
"henrooo" wrote in message
s.com...
Part of my central heating is working - 2 radiators left of the boiler
are working without any problems. However, the other 3, right of the
boiler are not working. I've bled the 3 non working radiators without
any success in getting them to work.

However the pipes leading to the 3 non working radiators isn't hot.

These 3 radiators have previously worked - I'm not sure when the
stopped working, but i think it could have been when i had my flat
decorated and the decorator took of the radiators to paint and tile.
Nevertheless, only one side of the central heating systems radiators
are working now.

what can i do?

Buy an ambidextrous boiler ??????????? :-)

Shut off the working radators completely (use the balancing valves if
all else fails) and open all the valves on the cold ones.

Bleed every last son of a bitch of them, and if necessary crank the pump
up to full speed to clear any airlocks.

Also, it may be that you have isolation valves in the pipework that have
been thoughtfully turned off by the decorators.