Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default seeking "carrier bag holder-opener" gizmo

Hi all
we have various litter-picker-uppers in our town who wander around
with a pair of those long-handled jaw devices for picking up cr*p that
people have left on the pavement. In the other hand they carry a
plastic bag, similar to a heavy duty binliner.

The 'binliner' is held open to make their life easier by being fastened
to some sort of circular wire device. I guess it is clipped together
somehow.

I'm after something similar to this wire loop device for carrier bags;
we use them occasionally for bins (I'm sure I'm not the only one!) and
I'm thinking of something that could hang on a peg, hold the mouth of
the bag open and be easily demounted when the bag is full.

I'm quite capable of lashing something like this up, and might well do
so. But I can't believe that it hasn't been invented already, except
that I have no idea what it might be called or where to look. Any
clues?

Thanks
Jon N

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jkn" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

=============================
http://www.meadowshealthandsafety.co...Bag_Hoops.html

Cic.

It has removed 981 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cicero wrote:
"jkn" wrote in message
[...]

Or this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Handi-Hoop-Bin-Bag-Refuse-Sack-Opener_W0QQitemZ330026171634QQihZ014QQcategoryZ128 0QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very handy but looks expensive for what it is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
Cicero wrote:
"jkn" wrote in message
[...]

A length of compressed air hose might do it
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jkn wrote:
[...]

A metal coathanger.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jkn wrote:

[...]

http://tinyurl.com/k9tj2 ??

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:

Or this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Handi-Hoop-Bin-Bag-Refuse-Sack-Opener_W0QQitemZ330026171634QQihZ014QQcategoryZ128 0QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very handy but looks expensive for what it is.

Makro had some squash flat bags that have a coiled metal spring wire in
them. You undo the clip and they spring up like a "top hat" into a large
bin. Just the right size for a full size dustbin sack. Cost about a
fiver IIRC.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Hi Stuart et. al.

[...]

Very handy but looks expensive for what it is.

A length of compressed air hose might do it

Yeah, having seen the pictures I tend to agree. The ones I've seen
briefly in use didn't seem to have such visible clips and I was
wondering if they had an inner & outer part to clip together,
sandwiching the bag in between or similar. I'm certainly not paying
£9+ for such a thing ... i think I'll try the hose idea with some
clips.

Cheers
jon N

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jkn wrote:
Hi Stuart et. al.

[...]

Very handy but looks expensive for what it is.

A length of compressed air hose might do it

Yeah, having seen the pictures I tend to agree. The ones I've seen
briefly in use didn't seem to have such visible clips and I was
wondering if they had an inner & outer part to clip together,
sandwiching the bag in between or similar. I'm certainly not paying
£9+ for such a thing ... i think I'll try the hose idea with some
clips.

Cheers
jon N

Difficult to believe that a plastic hoop with snap on clips isn't
available for a quid