DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pipe clipping / basin stand (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/176302-pipe-clipping-basin-stand.html)

VisionSet September 18th 06 12:41 PM

Pipe clipping / basin stand

Having just fitted and had signed off (with glowing comments :-) a combi
boiler, the bathroom is now high pressure heaven. However the pipework to
the basin is unclipped from floor level and terminates in free air for the
flexible tap connector connection. I deliberately ran the pipes close to
the ceramic upstand to hide them from most viewing angles but now they
clang about when the taps are shut off. Is there a proprietory solution
to this? Sticky foam pads on the back of a pipe clip I don't expect to be
very long lasting.

--
Mike W

Jonathan Pearson September 18th 06 12:55 PM

Pipe clipping / basin stand

visionset wrote:
Having just fitted and had signed off (with glowing comments :-) a
combi boiler, the bathroom is now high pressure heaven. However the
pipework to the basin is unclipped from floor level and terminates in
free air for the flexible tap connector connection. I deliberately
ran the pipes close to the ceramic upstand to hide them from most
viewing angles but now they clang about when the taps are shut off.
Is there a proprietory solution to this? Sticky foam pads on the back
of a pipe clip I don't expect to be very long lasting.

Remove the flexible connectors and reconnect with pipe n elbows

Jon

VisionSet September 18th 06 01:44 PM

Pipe clipping / basin stand

"Jonathan Pearson" wrote in message

Remove the flexible connectors and reconnect with pipe n elbows

This is a mixer tap with the 8mm tails fitting in close proximity of each
other and with a special threaded fitting. Can you get rigid alternatives?

--
Mike W

Broadback September 18th 06 01:58 PM

Pipe clipping / basin stand

VisionSet wrote:
"Jonathan Pearson" wrote in message

Remove the flexible connectors and reconnect with pipe n elbows

This is a mixer tap with the 8mm tails fitting in close proximity of each
other and with a special threaded fitting. Can you get rigid alternatives?

As I am about to fit a basin much the same, except that it came supplied
with connectors converting to 15mm including a few inches of pipe it
must be available. Try your local plumbers merchants, all the ones I
have visited are great and helpful.

The Natural Philosopher September 18th 06 02:32 PM

Pipe clipping / basin stand

visionset wrote:
Having just fitted and had signed off (with glowing comments :-) a combi
boiler, the bathroom is now high pressure heaven. However the pipework to
the basin is unclipped from floor level and terminates in free air for the
flexible tap connector connection. I deliberately ran the pipes close to
the ceramic upstand to hide them from most viewing angles but now they
clang about when the taps are shut off. Is there a proprietory solution
to this? Sticky foam pads on the back of a pipe clip I don't expect to be
very long lasting.

Can of expanding foam should sort this one out.

Make sure you have a bit of newspaper in the floor though, Its not easy
to stop it plopping.