DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Solid wood floors - final few rows (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/176289-solid-wood-floors-final-few-rows.html)

JustMe September 18th 06 09:38 AM

Solid wood floors - final few rows

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your advise to date. I'm laying a solid wood floor on
floorboards. So far it's been going slow, but OK.
The secret nailer is rather large and I've come to realise that it won't
work for the final three rows, cos the punch will be right up against the
wall and there'll be no space to swing the mallet.
The very final row can be nailed in place from the top (I figured rink shank
nails so there's less likelihood of movement over time), as this can be
hidden below the skirting board, but what should I do for the rows in
between?
I thought about manually nailing at an angle through the tongue, and using a
centre punch to drive the nails home, or using wood glue. The former seems
inefficient and I'm not sure how good my results would be, and I'm concerned
that wood glue alone might just crack and fail after a bit, as there's
likely to be a bit of movement there.
Any advice?
Thanks.

vortex2 September 18th 06 05:37 PM

"JustMe" wrote in message
[...]

On my various floors I predrilled the tongue, and nailed with a punch, with
the final nails concealed by skirting as you propose.

David