DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New boiler online supplier suggestions please. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/176226-new-boiler-online-supplier-suggestions-please.html)

Peter Crosland September 17th 06 05:49 PM

New boiler online supplier suggestions please.

As per the heading. I am planning to buy a new externally located Grant oil
fired boiler in the next few days. I would appreciate suggestions from
anyone who has bought from an online supplier recently and has had good, or
bad, service. TIA.

Peter Crosland

Ren September 17th 06 06:00 PM

Peter Crosland wrote:
As per the heading. I am planning to buy a new externally located Grant oil
fired boiler in the next few days. I would appreciate suggestions from
anyone who has bought from an online supplier recently and has had good, or
bad, service. TIA.

Peter,

Yes, I was did buy a Potterton oil fired boiler from
'Discountedheating'.

No problems at all - delivered it within 5 days and it works a treat.
They even suggested a delivery time period.

The potterton and grant boilers seem to use the same pump, but the
balanced flue design seem to be different.

In all, a good service.

Ren.

Ren September 17th 06 06:03 PM

New boiler online supplier suggestions please.

Sorry, I meant:

Yes, I did buy a Potterton oil fired boiler from 'Discountedheating'.

Ren.

Ren September 17th 06 06:25 PM

New boiler online supplier suggestions please.

Oh,

Steer clear of 'Heatandplumb' - poor delivery - came in stages over 2
weeks. Some parts failed and the customer service/tracking was
confused at best.

Ren.

Michael Chare September 17th 06 10:17 PM

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
As per the heading. I am planning to buy a new externally located Grant oil
fired boiler in the next few days. I would appreciate suggestions from
anyone who has bought from an online supplier recently and has had good, or
bad, service. TIA.

I found that the cheapest supplier for a Boulter Camray oil fired internal wall
hung boiler was a nearby branch of Travis Perkins. They provided free delivery

--

Michael Chare

PM September 18th 06 01:25 PM

New boiler online supplier suggestions please.

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
As per the heading. I am planning to buy a new externally located Grant

oil
fired boiler in the next few days. I would appreciate suggestions from
anyone who has bought from an online supplier recently and has had good,

or
bad, service. TIA.

BHL (www.bhl.co.uk) supplied me a boiler recently, one of the flue parts was
incorrect, I phoned them up on the Monday morning and within three hours I
had the correct part in my hand and the old part taken away.