DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   4 way adapter (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/176205-4-way-adapter.html)

Ronald September 17th 06 02:30 PM

4 way adapter

Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the wall
socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a 4 way
extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the socket?

Thanks Ron

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 17th 06 02:38 PM

4 way adapter

Ronald wrote:
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the
wall socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a
4 way extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the
socket?

Thanks Ron

Take the old socket off and replace with this.
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Ronald September 17th 06 02:52 PM

4 way adapter

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Ronald wrote:
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the
wall socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a
4 way extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the
socket?

Thanks Ron

Take the old socket off and replace with this.
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Will I need to replace the double box as well?
Thanks Ron

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 17th 06 02:59 PM

4 way adapter

Ronald wrote:
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the
wall socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a
4 way extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into
the socket?

Thanks Ron

Take the old socket off and replace with this.

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Will I need to replace the double box as well?
Thanks Ron

Nope,you just screw it on as you would the normal 2 gang socket.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

bof September 17th 06 03:03 PM

4 way adapter

In message , Ronald
writes
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the wall
socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a 4 way
extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the socket?

I've seen them at Homebase, ISTR they needed a double socket.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 17th 06 03:07 PM

4 way adapter

bof wrote:
In message , Ronald
writes
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the
wall socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a
4 way extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into
the socket?

I've seen them at Homebase, ISTR they needed a double socket.

Or a single if you read the bumpf.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Brian Sharrock September 17th 06 06:30 PM

4 way adapter

"Ronald" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the wall
socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a 4 way
extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the socket?

Thanks Ron

Y'mean like this ....?

http://timeshomedirect.easylifegroup...ducts/2324.asp

quote
Plug the adaptor into any standard socket to have 4 sockets instantly. With
no trailing wires it's safe and easy to install, all you need do is simply
plug it in. Each socket has its own on/off switch so you're in control at
all times. It's fitted with a built-in safety fuse to avoid overloading and
is suitable for all UK 13amp 3-pin sockets. Includes surge protector.
/quote

The device seems to be a plug with a extended four gang switched socket
assembly suspended from the plug. {I've been meaning to purchase one for the
use you've described ... plus Christmas-tree lights.

HTH

--

Brian

Bob Eager September 17th 06 06:48 PM

4 way adapter

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:30:15 UTC, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

"Ronald" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the wall
socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a 4 way
extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the socket?

Y'mean like this ....?

http://timeshomedirect.easylifegroup...ducts/2324.asp

quote
Plug the adaptor into any standard socket to have 4 sockets instantly. With
no trailing wires it's safe and easy to install

I'd worry about the mechanical strain on the socket.

The Natural Philosopher September 17th 06 11:52 PM

4 way adapter

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Ronald wrote:
Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the
wall socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a
4 way extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the
socket?

Thanks Ron

Take the old socket off and replace with this.

Bloody ugly, but effective..