Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The meter reader cometh

"dave" wrote in message
Just had a unpleasnat experience - my fault?

Probably your fault for being so confrontational and your son's for just
opening the door and letting any old stranger in. I assume he is very young
and you have not told him to keep the door shut and call you first.
Not many people know what genuine ID cards look like anyway, so anything
with a photo can look genuine. You can print one out yourself for most
professions.
What you have to watch out for is sales people gaining access to take
readings and change your supplier by signing forms on your behalf. Anything
to meet their targets and earn a living.
If you were bothered he was a bogus caller why didn't you call the police?
If they could be bothered calling out rather than putting you through to an
answering machine, he might get stopped and checked.

It sounds like you're more angry with yourself. Why have a go at a meter
reader unless you were fiddling it and didn't want him to see it and report
you?

I just don't see what your complaint is or what your argument is about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:59:26 +0100, "james" wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I tend to agree with your opinion as well..

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"james" wrote in message

"dave" wrote in message
[...]

Oh! Oh! I can see you becoming very unpopular in this group. I hope that you
rarely need d-i-y help.

Sylvain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:59:26 +0100, "james"
wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

you are one of the nothing to hide nothing to fear sheep. you deserve
to be pushed around by meter readers.