DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   High solids / good coverage emulsion (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/175778-high-solids-good-coverage-emulsion.html)

Doki September 13th 06 12:27 PM

High solids / good coverage emulsion

I've got a couple of yellow rooms to paint. What's the best covering white
emulsion I can get for a reasonable price?

Peter Andrews September 13th 06 12:37 PM

"Doki" wrote in message
I've got a couple of yellow rooms to paint. What's the best covering white
emulsion I can get for a reasonable price?

Given that the real cost is your time I would go for a decnt brand e.g.
Dulux/Crown. White is pretty cheap in the sheds - I think I paid less than
£10 for 10litres a week or so ago.

What ever you do don't waste your money on a cheap brand - I covered a
dark(ish) blue with one coat of white and a single coat of Daffodil white
last week.

Peter

The Natural Philosopher September 14th 06 01:00 AM

Doki wrote:
I've got a couple of yellow rooms to paint. What's the best covering
white emulsion I can get for a reasonable price?

Farrow and Ball.

about twice the covering power for about +50% on the price.